**Australian Open** Tennis Jan 14th - 27th

Soldato
Murray would have made mince meat of Tsonga like he always does. I'm glad we have a decent semi final match instead of a rout.

I'd like to see Li take out the banshee.

Soldato
OP
Djokovic went through to the Final today...didn't even realise he was playing, assumed it would have been tomorrow tbh.

Hammered Ferrer however but is it not a bit unfair to have the two mens semi finals a day apart :confused:

Man of Honour
Pretty crushing victory over Ferrer. It might be my imagination but Murray more often than not seems to be in the half of the draw that has less recovery time after the semi although this year the Australian Open has at least a day between the semi-final and the final for the men so that's something.

Soldato
OP
Pretty crushing victory over Ferrer. It might be my imagination but Murray more often than not seems to be in the half of the draw that has less recovery time after the semi although this year the Australian Open has at least a day between the semi-final and the final for the men so that's something.

Yeah it seems to work out that way but to jog my memory I went through the last 3 majors (US, Wimbledon, Roland Garros) and all played the Semi-Finals on the same day.

I can only imagine in Australia it's to do with getting the biggest crowds they can for the night games.

Soldato
OP
Relatively easy service games for Andy throughout, needs to get that level up.

10 aces so far...and counting.

Federer holds, Murray serving to stay in the set (still on serve).

Fed is finding a few more of the angles now and serving a lot better.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And he does! Let's hope you're right. This is the best run of serving I've ever seen from him.

...and I was :D

Yeah this service level is just phenomenal!

Toilet break it is!

Still 68% on 1st serve 3 sets in and only 4 unforced errors now compared to 16 in the first set.

Signs are looking good!

Man of Honour
Federer breaks, Murray 1-3

again and 1-4.

Murray stops the rot

and 2-4.

Murray breaks back

and 3-4

What a game, held

and 4-4

Last edited:

tbh

tbh

Associate
That was a huge game; both players had so much invested in it, you have to feel that the momentum is with Murray now.

Back
Top Bottom