Stress and your body...

aln

aln

Associate
No medical threads!!!!!!11one

Just kidding, I'm not that guy. Short bouts of stress might help you get things done, doing it long term will ultimately make you depressed, lethargic and kill you.

Soldato
Interesting timing for this thread, having just gone through a bout of food poisoning and having a lot on at work at the moment I'm finding myself getting very stressed over the whole thing. Does anyone have any winding down techniques that work quite well? (i assume that's not asking for medical advice seeing as i just want to know how people best relax?)

Short of sitting and listening to enya with my headphones on and my eyes closed I'm at a loss for how to chill out. :p

Soldato
Maybe you're not getting enough sleep? I usually have sleep issues when I get stressed. I also get flu like symptoms when I get really stressed, but that is very rare.

Personally I'd recommend hitting the gym. I find it's an excellent source of stress release and I feel far more energetic and awake the next day.

Soldato
Interesting timing for this thread, having just gone through a bout of food poisoning and having a lot on at work at the moment I'm finding myself getting very stressed over the whole thing. Does anyone have any winding down techniques that work quite well? (i assume that's not asking for medical advice seeing as i just want to know how people best relax?)

Short of sitting and listening to enya with my headphones on and my eyes closed I'm at a loss for how to chill out. :p

My missus got me a lovely bath bomb from Lush which I found very relaxing. She also had some very expensive bath soaps which smelt and felt incredibly. I could literally feel my body relax. I nearly drowned on one occasion falling asleep in the bath!

I had a real bad bout of anxiety/depression/stress towards the end of 2011 attributed to a nasty virus and stress combined. Sort it now before it gets worse!

Soldato
My stomach swells out like a balloon as it triggers issues I already have :( If I get really stressed I get a tight chest which is enough to make me stop and try to take a break.

Couple of years ago I did get so stressed I had eczema along my arm.

Your symptoms sound like tension from the stress and possibly bad posture but doc should help you check that and give advice on how to sort/prevent it :)

Associate
Thats poor hygiene. Spots are caused by an imbalances of good bacteria vs bad on your skin.

You sir are an idiot. Spots have as much to do with bacteria as elephants do with flying carpets. Spots are caused by an imbalance of HORMONES, regardless of the type of spot.

Back on topic, my body has a weird way of telling me I am stressed. I begin to get a really bad metallic taste in my mouth that lasts for day, and no amount of brushing or mints work. It's also not noticeable to anybody else, no smell etc, just taste. Weird!

aln

aln

Associate
You sir are an idiot.

Bit harsh.

Spots have as much to do with bacteria as elephants do with flying carpets. Spots are caused by an imbalance of HORMONES, regardless of the type of spot.

Back on topic, my body has a weird way of telling me I am stressed. I begin to get a really bad metallic taste in my mouth that lasts for day, and no amount of brushing or mints work. It's also not noticeable to anybody else, no smell etc, just taste. Weird!

Isn't that a sign of a heart attack? :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Good thing about having a **** job is No stress & No responsibility, I see people running around like Chickens with there heads cut off but I just move out the way & let them pass.

Good thing about living alone is you can bang anything & dump them by text & no dodgy Doris coming home from work moaning & whinging about her day looking for an excuse to blame it on you & stres your **** out.

Good thing about having a cheap car is No stress if owt goes wrong or somebody scratches it, park it & use it how you like etc

Good thing about being a useless **** is Nobody in the World expects anything from you so No stress.

Good thing about having a good sense of humor is being able to laugh at yourself & all of the above without it effecting your day or causing you any Stress.

Shall I go on ? :p

Soldato
You sir are an idiot. Spots have as much to do with bacteria as elephants do with flying carpets. Spots are caused by an imbalance of HORMONES, regardless of the type of spot.

I wouldn't be calling him an idiot until you've checked your facts because you are wrong. ;)

Wise Guy
Soldato
Good thing about having a **** job is No stress & No responsibility, I see people running around like Chickens with there heads cut off but I just move out the way & let them pass.

Good thing about living alone is you can bang anything & dump them by text & no dodgy Doris coming home from work moaning & whinging about her day looking for an excuse to blame it on you & stres your **** out.

Good thing about having a cheap car is No stress if owt goes wrong or somebody scratches it, park it & use it how you like etc

Good thing about being a useless **** is Nobody in the World expects anything from you so No stress.

Good thing about having a good sense of humor is being able to laugh at yourself & all of the above without it effecting your day or causing you any Stress.

Shall I go on ? :p

Wisdom from one of my main role models in life, biggie smalls:

Permabanned

Wow, you really are showing your nauseatingly misguided arrogance.

UCLA research proves you to be about as wrong as necrophillic incest.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/02/...d-bacteria-could-be-the-answer-to-clear-skin/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ts-discover-bad-bacteria-gives-blemishes.html

I expect an apology for the personal insult, sorry I had to embarrass you.

Maybe you should take heed of your username, and set fire to yourself and do us all a favour, it might actually help with your spots.

Soldato
It's crap feeling quite stressed. Thankfully the shop I work in/run is small and I deal with everything so know what's going on.

Still get stressed when there is loads on and too many people are in at once. The more I do the job the easier I deal with it though. Make the job as hard or as easy as you want.

Work in the other branch dealing with what other people have left you....that's a ******* nightmare. Feel like you need to have psychic powers to work out what actually needs to be done.

Lack of sleep, stress during the day, not eating until 3pm, having to play nice and be friendly all day then makes me a grumpy **** to people I really shouldn't be once I get home somtimes.

Soldato
Stress in my 'new' job I have been doing since Sept 2011 has caused my blood pressure to increase to the extent that I need tabs to bring it down so I can have a Hernia operated on. It's not worth it at the end of the day.... Your health is your wealth.

Back
Top Bottom