*breaking news* Boston Marathon explosions

Soldato
Yeah we did post this about 10 hours ago..

You know when you type a proper paragraph then delete it ? Yeah i just did that, no need for a post like that Eliott. I shall try and stay up till 2am on OcuK forums on a school night for the next terror attack, so i am the first to post any developments. I am sorry.

Soldato
*checks thread for actual news updates on story*
*leaves because it's still full of children arguing*

Give it a rest lads, we want developments on the story!

Associate
Try arguing against what I said.

I didn't say people shouldn't be upset - just they should try thinking a little more (which the last few posts hight-light quite well).

Again, what does that have to do with anything?.

I don't know what you are arguing about except that people shouldn't be upset about this act of destruction? -
why?

as someone else mentioned they used to post about bombings all the time more in the past in Iraq etc but it happens all the time now so its not so 'news-worthy' -
blame the media then not everyday people whom you don't know what they feel.

so whens the last bombing in the states? ... and the last in a arab country? ... - that's how news works ...
example - everytime a soldier from the UK dies in afgan its a big deal but many more US soldiers die (more common and media/gov swing to it) and the news is less and less over the years where its common place (which it shouldn't be but whatever - IMO they should just be out of there).

Soldato
I believe its domestic, with some nut job using some lame excuse or existence for doing it.

My moneys on this too at this point. It happened on Patriot's Day, which is apparently an event of some significance to patriots/nationalists/pro-gun lobby/right right nut job/Timothy McVeigh wannabes. It also happened at 3pm rather than when the race was won, time being of possibly of some unknown significance to bomber. Or maybe it was just on a (bad) timer rather than cell phone activated.

/end speculation

Soldato
(Removed...saw the comment above)

If this turns out to be domestic: A) Hopefully it's an isolated incident B) It's pretty frightening, and more harrowing in my opinion than if it turns out to be international.

Last edited:
Soldato
(Removed...saw the comment above)

If this turns out to be domestic: A) Hopefully it's an isolated incident B) It's pretty frightening, and more harrowing in my opinion than if it turns out to be international.

I can remember quite clearly when the WTC attacks took place the palpable sense of relief from the US Media once it was realised that the attack was actually carried out by a foreign organisation.

The USA does indeed have more than its fair share of nutters and readily available off-the-shelf technology makes it possible for determined individuals to create devices of great destructive power and sophistication that were simply not possible 20-30 years ago!

It is only a matter of time!

Soldato
New York Post

Police took a 20-year-old Saudi national into custody near the scene of yesterday’s horrific Boston Marathon bomb attack, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

The potential suspect was questioned by the FBI and local police yesterday at Boston’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital, where he was under heavy guard while being treated for shrapnel injuries to his leg sustained in the blast.

The bystander told police he grabbed the Saudi because he thought he was acting suspiciously.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/fbi_grills_saudi_man_XaT5rE40LDdAH44vMFOEXM

Soldato

I thought they let that guy go? Likely the guy was in shock.

Most sensible line for once:
“We still do not know who did this or why, and people shouldn’t jump to conclusions before we have all the facts,” President Obama said. “But make no mistake: We will get to the bottom of this,” and whoever is responsible “will feel the full weight of justice.”

(Although I hope justice doesn't including invading another country again)

Last edited:
Associate
NY Post has been fairly inaccurate with stuff like death toll (they were reporting 12 for a long time) so I question it's accuracy elsewhere.

Associate
Why does human death not bother me? Judging by everyones responses I should be outraged and upset but I'm not, it's the same old story to me 'humans kill other humans' it's been the case since the dawn of time, if I spent all that time grieving for people I dont even know I would never have time to do anything else.

Maybe I need help or maybe you all do, I don't know anymore.

Soldato
Why does human death not bother me? Judging by everyones responses I should be outraged and upset but I'm not, it's the same old story to me 'humans kill other humans' it's been the case since the dawn of time, if I spent all that time grieving for people I dont even know I would never have time to do anything else.

Maybe I need help or maybe you all do, I don't know anymore.

Things like this didn't bother me that much when I was a young man. I grew up in the North West when the IRA bombed Warrington and Manchester. Now I'm in my early 30s and I have a wee nipper and a wife to cherish and protect, my outlook has changed a great deal. I'm also an idealist, so when humanity shows its dark side (all too often) it angers me. I think if you are naturally cynical it might mitigate the emotional effect of tragic events such as this. Just my take.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to FOX News. They are simply a propaganda network for the Republican party. They have a long history of reporting falsehoods. Bill Maher repeatedly calls them out on his show for their BS and anyone who's ever seen Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity spewing their garbage as if it were fact will be in no doubt just how biased FOX is. Even in America though with their 1st Amendment I would have thought that this tweet from Erik Rush would be a step to far. Surely free speech should end when you start inciting mass murder ?

Back
Top Bottom