Happy St George's Day

Soldato
I treat myself as British and feel the patrons saints of all the British Isles should be celebrated by all British people.

I feel this is a sensible option, 4 days off a year for all 4 saints and we can get rid of a few redundant bank holidays like the end of may (not may day though, thats a good one) to balance it all out!

Associate
This St George fellow is very interesting...
A Greek who was in the Roman army who is alleged to have killed a dragon near Beirut and is celebrated by muslins.
WTF is that all about

Nothing says "Proud to be English" more than a Greek who killed a crocodile.

If we are going to celebrate this great nation of ours wouldn't it make sense to associate someone who was English? Or at least stretch it to someone that maybe visited once :confused:

Soldato
Nothing says "Proud to be English" more than a Greek who killed a crocodile.

If we are going to celebrate this great nation of ours wouldn't it make sense to associate someone who was English? Or at least stretch it to someone that maybe visited once :confused:

why are you associating his nationality or his physical presence on ENgland? i assume you are laughing at christians or muslims or whoever because they worship some dude up on heavens who surely have never visited this planet?

Its all about symbolism's. And tradition, whether you like it or not most European culture and tradition is medieval or older, live with it and accept it, its not bad anyway.

Soldato
That mosque isnt serious? must be a joke or something. Theres a few large mosques round this dump but wow, thats something else.

*Pretty building though.

Man of Honour
That mosque isnt serious? must be a joke or something. Theres a few large mosques round this dump but wow, thats something else.

*Pretty building though.

It's the Royal Pavilion of Brighton, surprised how few people know this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Pavilion

The facebook screen cap is from the MFE lot who are just looking for something to justify their Muslim takeover garbage.

Caporegime
What the guy said earlier in the thread wouldn't get you a court case, arrest or ticket. He was just told to take the flag down.

what he posted was a cut down version of an old story involving a mr ben smith, and in the original they threatened him with a fine etc.

also if there's no court, arrest or ticket for the "offense" then you can happily ignore the police believe it or not they can't just tell you to do stuff there has to actually be a law you're breaking.

if you ever get told "take your st George flag down or we fine you" definitely stand up to it you'll get a nice wedge for the interview from the papers.

Permabanned
Neighbour got pulled over by police for having a little flag on his ariel

1366808321.jpg

Soldato
Cannot remember when all this anti-flag thing was, it was mainly in the northwest Manchester region i believe. 07/08 if memory serves? not done any research into the matter.

Just remember councils warning public to be considerate to others when demonstrating acts of patriotism. Police took this far too literally and started asking people to remove/take down flags. It was a one day mistake :D

Back
Top Bottom