• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*****NVIDIA GTX 780 IS HERE & IN STOCK - GET ONE TODAY!!**

Caporegime
As you can see Greg, I asked him if he was buying a 3dvision kit, I never said AMD3D was better than 3DVision, I said AMD had better support when excluding 3DVision, he said he was going to buy a 3DVision kit and I advised him on a GTX660. I was informed by Andy that TriDef did not work with LoL, which maybe I should have researched a little more but it was hardly the way you put it.

I miss how AMD has better support when excluding 3DVision? Could you explain that please.

Soldato
I'm not defending them could not care less tbh. I hate Nvidia with a passion but I love their products. If I was skint or needing to use credit I certainly would not buy them but as I can afford I bite the bullet and pay the money does not mean I'm happy about it though.

Associate
Goodness me, will you bunch of whiners stop moaning about the price of the 780? How many times now?! If you don't like the price then go and complain to them or buy a different GPU - but don't sit here banging on about "it not being fair" and nVidia being "rip off merchants". Stop constantly interfering in threads about the 780 and other nVidia graphics card with your typical price whining and appraisal of your AMD overlords.

Now, can we please talk about something other than the 780's price and it's comparison to other graphics cards?

Caporegime
Goodness me, will you bunch of whiners stop moaning about the price of the 780? How many times now?! If you don't like the price then go and complain to them or buy a different GPU - but don't sit here banging on about "it not being fair" and nVidia being "rip off merchants". Stop constantly interfering in threads about the 780 and other nVidia graphics card with your typical price whining and appraisal of your AMD overlords.

Now, can we please talk about something other than the 780's price and it's comparison to other graphics cards?

Over pricing is a valid criticism, if you don't like it don't read it.

Permabanned
I would like a Ferrari but the price is just stupid. I think I will pop onto a Ferrari forum and tell them repeatedly how the price of a Ferrari is stupid and they are ripping people off. If people didn't buy them at that 'stupid price', then they would sell them cheaper....

Of course this isn't the same thing but there is other cars to choose from that fit the purpose and pocket.

Ab-so-lutely! However I CAN afford one but still think its overpriced. Thats not me having a pop at anyone Greg so adding my opinion for what its worth. :)

I still hope they will come down a bit though as I dont care if I go red or green and quite fancied a change from AMD.

Associate
Its called a debate, go back and actually read the thread this time.

I wouldn't call the constant qq'ing about the price that I've seen from you and others since page 6 of this thread a "debate" - more like "pointless whining".

As I said, you don't like the price - that's fine, but I (and many others) don't want to listen to you moaning on and on about it on every single thread about the 780. Give it a rest.

Caporegime
I wouldn't call the constant qq'ing about the price that I've seen from you and others since page 6 of this thread a "debate" - more like "pointless whining".

As I said, you don't like the price - that's fine, but I (and many others) don't want to listen to you moaning on and on about it on every single thread about the 780. Give it a rest.

Actually I suspect a lot of people are listing, and surely you would not sit there straight faced and say that's a bad thing, would you?

Associate
Actually I suspect a lot of people are listing, and surely you would not sit there straight faced and say that's a bad thing, would you?

Yes, I would. Because you are essentially blaming a company for setting prices that you can't afford - that won't stop people buying them if they can afford them. I can afford a 780, which is why I bought one - and I don't feel ripped off in the slightest.

Don't try to act like you are "saving people from being ripped off".

I can't afford a lot of luxury products in life, but I certainly don't sit on forums moaning about it and telling the people who have bought said products that they have been "ripped off".

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes, I would. Because you are essentially blaming a company for setting prices that you can't afford - that won't stop people buying them if they can afford them. I can afford a 780, which is why I bought one - and I don't feel ripped off in the slightest.

If your happy then more power to you, that's no reason for you to try and stop valid criticism.

If you disagree with my criticism then your welcome to do that, but to tell me I should stop is pure shill behaviour, in my opinion.

Just because your happy with a price does not give you the right to tell others that they should except that price and not criticise it.

Associate
This is getting boring now.

So to summarize for anyone joining us late:

1) Nvidia clearly overcharge.

2) Greg enjoys being overcharged and really should be working for the nvidia focus group at least then his constant whinging would make some sense ;)

Byeeeeee :D

Caporegime

2) Greg enjoys being overcharged and really should be working for the nvidia focus group at least then his constant whinging would make some sense ;)

If it is so boring, why bother reading and replying? Mind the door on your way out.

Soldato

Who says he already isn't? Some people here clearly fancy themselves as focus group members.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people are regularly forward links to their posts to nVidia in the hope that they get accepted in to the focus group.

Associate
Who says he already isn't? Some people here clearly fancy themselves as focus group members.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people are regularly forward links to their posts to nVidia in the hope that they get accepted in to the focus group.

Very true. I've been dealing with those guys for years elsewhere . I suppose if you're getting expensive hardware for free why would you care how much it costs ?

Associate

I can't afford a lot of luxury products in life, but I certainly don't sit on forums moaning about it and telling the people who have bought said products that they have been "ripped off".

You may not feel ripped off but you definitely have been. Nvidia must be loving how they're taking advantage of this moment.

Caporegime
tin_foil_hat.gif

Back
Top Bottom