15 months for Stuart Hall, pleaded guilty to 13 assualts

Soldato
Stuart Hall pleaded guilty to 13 assaults some of his victims were under 16 and today he gets 15 months in prison and due to the tarrif system he does 8 months.

Can't believe that there is no deterrent for such crimes ?

Soldato
not belittling the offenses and I'm not sure it should have a bearing but its likely because of the length of time since they occurred and his age (83).

Soldato
Not long enough. I just don't understand the law system that allows prisoners to be released half way through their sentence. If they've been sentenced to 15 months, they need to stay in for 15 months. As with the life sentences that get handed out and then they get released 15 years down the line. Sentence lengths mean very little :(

Soldato
Just read this

BBC News said:
The court was told Hall bought her a drink in a pub before sexually assaulting her in his car.

She burst into tears, telling her parents what had happened after Hall took her home.

Her angry father went to find Hall but he was nowhere to be seen. The family decided not to report the matter.

Say what now?! If I was the "angry" father, I'd be straight down the police station. How could you not report the incident? It's because of people that don't report these crimes that they continue to get away with it and further scar more young people :(

Soldato
Marky you say that now but in that horrible position and taking into account how the victim probably felt it's impossible to say how you'd have reactive or acted. Let's just hope you don't find yourself in such a position. Not like her father would want to force her to go to the police.

Old sod should die in prison, personally I'm hoping he does.

Soldato
Marky you say that now but in that horrible position and taking into account how the girl probably felt it's impossible to say how you'd have reactive or acted. Let's just hope you don't find yourself in such a position.

Old sod should die in prison, personally I'm hoping he does.

I did think this before posting - It's very difficult to comment with not having experienced anything like that. It would obviously put a lot of pressure on the young girl, but she obviously decided to report it herself eventually...

Associate
Lets not forget the letter of support written to the court by a representative of the NSPCC....Patricia McMillan:mad:...oh and Dave Whelan the owner of Wigan FC who also sent a letter of support to the court.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not long enough. I just don't understand the law system that allows prisoners to be released half way through their sentence. If they've been sentenced to 15 months, they need to stay in for 15 months. As with the life sentences that get handed out and then they get released 15 years down the line. Sentence lengths mean very little :(

Because he will have behaved really well inside prison where there is so so much temptation and opportunity to commit crimes.

Associate
Stuart Hall's barrister Crispin Aylett, told the court the former broadcaster had "all of 13" victims compared to Jimmy Savile's 1,300.

Soldato
So basically if you're rich and/or famous, you can assault a bunch of children, plead guilty, get sent to prison and be let out again in 5 minutes?

Where is the justice in that? :mad:

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Not condoning the offences, but if the guy is 86 - what difference would it make if you sentenced him to 1 year or 1000 years - he wont be around for much longer looking at the state of him!

Back
Top Bottom