• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TOOK A HUGE RISK............IT PAID OFF.....

Soldato
Hey all,

SO this is the 1st big mod I have done in ages, I got one of those £35 H100's on my CPU (required silicon sealant to stop it leaking, but good now, ivy at 4.4ghz, used to be near 80c load, now 61.)

So what to do with my old OCUK H20 flow CPU cooler? (H80 basically).......... MOUNT IT ON MY GRAPHICS CARD !!

Doing this was tricky and I didnt have tons of spare bits, I did however get a copper shim to make contact with the GPU, here is how I went:

1) cool ultra on the gpu, cable ties in place

WP_20130715_001.jpg

WP_20130715_002.jpg

WP_20130715_003.jpg

DONE!

Now to cable tie the Cooling block down (2 on each corner just in case):

WP_20130715_004.jpg

And finally installed into the system:

WP_20130715_006.jpg

Now of course its a little messy and I Have a plastic drip tray underneath the H100 just in case :D

But now I get these temps:

Default sapphire 7950 flex cooler:

49c idle, about 78c load

H20 cooler:

44c idle, 62c load

NOT BAD :D

bru

bru

Soldato
Silly question, if you got one of the H100's and it leaked why didn't you send it back, as it is clearly faulty?

Soldato
OP
Thats Gutsy if thats even a word but awwsome, well done. This is one of the awwsome things PCs are about, modding the crap out of it.

Pretty cool mod :) might post this on our Facebook later on.

Thanks guys :D

Silly question, if you got one of the H100's and it leaked why didn't you send it back, as it is clearly faulty?

I asked but they were out of stock so could only refund, for £35 I took a punt at repairing it and so far, so good :D

I just maxed the overclocking sliders in AMD Overdrive and ran AIDA64 GPU stability test, doesn't even bat an eyelid at that, solid stable so far ! lol

Maxed at 66c load average 52.4, this is with +19 on the power control settings

Soldato
OP
Good idea. glad it worked out for you. but damn you need some cable ties on those wires also ;)

oh my !!!!!

Sealant on a fauly H100, cable ties and a drip tray. :(

That is without looking at the other cable tied on fans etc in the rest of the case.

Good luck.

Haha true, many cable ties, but I don't spend all day looking inside my PC ;)

Its nice an quiet as well now with all fans on low settings.

True it was abit leaky on arrival, but, its fine now its in place, it was only a few drops anyways, I also ran it outside the case for 3 days to see if it would leak and not a drop :o, must have just happened and its ok now.

bru

bru

Soldato
Only a few drops should be fine, cool mod. I might have to do something similar to my jumbo jet engine, I mean 470 :D

Soldato
Nice work.

Back around 2005 when I was CNC machining I often dreamed about milling my own water cooling block. Sounds simple to do. Two blocks of copper or ali, mill a space in each block for the water and a groove around it for an O ring when the 2 pieces are joined together to stop leaking, 4 holes in each corner to either screw fix the pieces together or dowel pin. Piece the 2 blocks together and mill the inlet and outlet.

Only thing I don't know is how to fix it to a CPU/GPU socket, how big it needs to be and the weight. And to also have the balls to equip it ;)

Back
Top Bottom