Heating on yet ?

Soldato
Winter draws us in.....who still remains shivering with the heating off ?

I am for one....I refuse to do it until the temp drops to single figures.

Caporegime
mine has been broken should be fixed today or friday.

bloody cold today up here! I'm shivering a bit!

My CPU is at 27c @ 4ghz lol idle though and my gpu is at 24c idle

Soldato
In the parents house before i moved out the heating would only be on if you could see your own breath.

Now im living with the GF i have to touch the radiators all the time to make sure she hasnt put it on. If only i could take the thermostat to work.

I do ask her to wait until mid/backend of november though. Or until it feels like her feet are melting when she puts them in a warm bath.

Caporegime
Heating is off but our lounge has large sash windows and wooden french doors, all of which are pretty awful at heat retention.

Instead I just turn this on for about an hour and the room is up to 25 degs in no time if you don't turn it off soon enough! :D

http://www.drufire.com/product_range/built-in_gas_fires/dru_global_70xt_cf.aspx

remote control too go go gadget man!

my sister used to have a proper wood/coal fire where she last lived wish I had one they are super awesome :D

Soldato
I've fitted Gapseal to my sash windows which is pretty good at stopping the drafts. My boiler is being re-pressurised on Monday. I have hot water but no heating until then.

Soldato
Due to my wife feeling the cold more than me, we've had the heating on for about 45 minutes in the morning for a couple of weeks. The house doesn't have the best insulation so it can be a little chilly at 6am.

Associate
Full heating on in most rooms, will have to turn off an hour before my husband comes home and goes through the roof :p

Soldato
Nope :)

I put one of my heaters on for a couple of hours on Saturday to dry my jeans, as they weren't totally dry, but that's been it.

I'm still not even wearing a coat, unless it's been down to it raining.

Hardcore me :D

I haz 4090!
Don
I did last night, but it was just to test after topping up the boiler. I made sure I sent e.on their requested meter reading before firing it up. :)

Back
Top Bottom