Best way to discourage cat from doing its business in my garden

Soldato
Go high tech like me.

Tried a few things like strong smelling garlic / chilli and lemon but the cat still came back. Went down to my local hardware store (its called the hardware store) and picked up an ultrasonic cat scarer. The little ****** hasn't been back :D Occassionally i think its been back in and started to scrape (right in front the scarer of all places!) but the sound scares it before it does anything. The model I've got is battery powered but there is a mains power unit available for an additional cost.

EDIT

this is the one that ive got

http://www.pestcontrolsupermarket.c...er-212-p.asp?gclid=CI_AwueUwboCFXDItAodZm4A9Q

Soldato
Please don't be an ultrasonic cat scarer. As far as I know, the frequency they output at is within the hearing range for most people with decent ears, so when a young person comes to your house, they will be scared away, ie your daughter.

Soldato
Cats will do whatever they want, the more you try to dissuade it, the more fun it will seem to the cat.

You could also get a cat to guard your territory, about the only effective thing?

Soldato
Please don't be an ultrasonic cat scarer. As far as I know, the frequency they output at is within the hearing range for most people with decent ears, so when a young person comes to your house, they will be scared away, ie your daughter.

simple solution is to switch it off when his daughter is outside. the cat wouldn't go near my garden with me in it (when i switch mine off so i dont use up the batteries too much)

Caporegime
Don't do anything.

Just pick up every single little log it (or any other cats) might leave and deposit them through your neighbours letterbox.
Their property after all!

Soldato
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oW9f04Dctz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this thread makes me think of this

Don
Human wee works too,

*can't believe I'm admitting to this*

I know it sounds stupid but when I was much younger, my dad used make us all go the loo in a bucket which he would then liberally spread around the garden, sure enough the problem cats would go and find another garden to defecate in.

I feel embarrassed on his behalf now....

Soldato
Take a dump in its litter box and show it you mean business.

I'm sorry, this thread seemed to be lacking sufficient GD-grade responses :p something is wrong today...

Associate
34 posts in we have had get a bigger cat, or Tiger. Nobody has suggested a dog.

I was going to say oranges or lion muck but both have been suggested.

Caporegime
Cat owners are the epitome of irresponsibility and selfishness, they care so little about their pets that they allow them to become roadkill so I wouldn't expect them to do anything about this. The only effective way to keep vermin out of your garden is to employ painful methods like electric fencing/netting or use sharp surfacing in the garden.

Caporegime
I bought a water sentry turret, damn thing was useless and I sent it back. Roll a tennis ball across the lawn and it would go off. Cat could just take a dump and the thing would do nothing.

I have had to net my vege patch completely. I had a 4 year battle with various Cat scents repellents. I have gravelled my borders and it finally stopped them. I have been cat free for quite a while.

Now someone in my street has got a new cat and this little **** just dumps on the middle of my front lawn and laughs at my cat pellets. I ****ing detest cats, even coming from a cat loving family. Gayest pet their is, for lazy ****s.

What I really need is a Aliens sentry turret.

Back
Top Bottom