** Call of duty ghosts (MW4) **

Soldato
I guess i can say bye bye to my £94 i payed for ghosts hardended edition, this is the email i got from STEAM :

Hello Lee,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer a refund for this transaction.

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges for purchases made on our website or through the Steam Client. This includes, but is not limited to, games, Early Access Games, software, gifted or traded purchases, downloadable content, subscriptions, and in-game items/currency.

We will make an exception and refund titles that are still listed as available for Pre-Purchase on our website. The refund request must be received prior to the official release date for the item. You can see when a pre-purchased title is scheduled to officially unlock by viewing the green information bar on its store page.

This only applies to preorders purchased from your account; preordered titles received or sent through the Steam Trading system cannot be refunded. We do not offer refunds for Early Access Games.

Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

----------------------------------------------

STEAM as as bad as ACTIVISON i cant play ghosts at all and they refuse to refund me even though i cant play it, they have no simpathy for anyone as long as they get your hard erned money.

this reply was 4 hours after the game launched bloody hell even RETAIL outlets let you have 7 days DSR returns/refunds.
there just being ******** how hard is it to refund me and remove the game from my account i mean its not like i can get the cdkey cause its built into the steam account and unviewable ............

THATS IT FOR ME i will never buy a activision game ever again when it comes to COD franchise. im done with there ****.

: THIS TEXT MAKES ME LAUGH : The refund request must be received prior to the official release date for the item : how can we test if the bloody thing will work when we buy it if there is no sort of demo out.....
its bloody rediculess... there just covering there own asses so they dont have to refund you on the purchase.

Last edited:
Associate
I guess i can say bye bye to my £94 i payed for ghosts hardended edition, this is the email i got from STEAM :

Hello Lee,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer a refund for this transaction.

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges for purchases made on our website or through the Steam Client. This includes, but is not limited to, games, Early Access Games, software, gifted or traded purchases, downloadable content, subscriptions, and in-game items/currency.

We will make an exception and refund titles that are still listed as available for Pre-Purchase on our website. The refund request must be received prior to the official release date for the item. You can see when a pre-purchased title is scheduled to officially unlock by viewing the green information bar on its store page.

This only applies to preorders purchased from your account; preordered titles received or sent through the Steam Trading system cannot be refunded. We do not offer refunds for Early Access Games.

Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

----------------------------------------------

STEAM as as bad as ACTIVISON i cant play ghosts at all and they refuse to refund me even though i cant play it, they have no simpathy for anyone as long as they get your hard erned money.

this reply was 4 hours after the game launched bloody hell even RETAIL outlets let you have 7 days DSR returns/refunds.
there just being ******** how hard is it to refund me and remove the game from my account i mean its not like i can get the cdkey cause its built into the steam account and unviewable ............

THATS IT FOR ME i will never buy a activision game ever again when it comes to COD franchise. im done with there ****.

: THIS TEXT MAKES ME LAUGH : The refund request must be received prior to the official release date for the item : how can we test if the bloody thing will work when we buy it if there is no sort of demo out.....
its bloody rediculess... there just covering there own asses so they dont have to refund you on the purchase.

To be fair all the information is on the steam site in their T&C. You should be kicking yourself for not being aware of it instead of blaming them.

Soldato
To be fair all the information is on the steam site in their T&C. You should be kicking yourself for not being aware of it instead of blaming them.

I was aware of it and have had refunds in the past.
but i thought they would have made the exeption considering i can not even enjoy or play the bloody thing.

Man of Honour
The game looks fine for me it's just the stuttering, like I'm playing on a really rubbish machine.

From my testing last night:

Unless you have more than 2GB of video RAM then you can't max out the game at 1080p.

You could try lowering any setting relating to detail or texture to normal, or high if you are on extra.

Or lower the level of AA.

Plus the game doesn't load all of the textures into video RAM before the round starts, so you get more stuttering at the start of a round while the game is still loading textures/shaders. It's a similar issue that plagued BLOPs before they add the option to "warm shaders" in the video settings.

Man of Honour
Even in the barracks my mouse curser has a 1/2 second lag.

It seems that the game also manages to be using most of the video RAM available in the menus as well.

I'm not sure if this why they are laggy, but I also can't see how the game is managing to use 1835 MB of video RAM on this menu screen. :eek:

ct3s.png

Associate
Oh mah gawwwd dey copied an entire 18 seconds of a cut scene, shocking, sickening, outrageous, horrifying. My entire experience is ruined, I feel cheated... First my wife now call of duty, why god why.

Last edited:
Associate
Plays like a dream on my system. FRAPS killed the game so i had to record with my NEX 3 over my shoulder ... 45 - 100+ FPS on the highest settings .....

Associate
Best cod since cod4 imo.
Server browser is meant to be added soon, so that will be even better.
Runs fine on my laptop, don't know why so many people having problems with much better specs.

Associate

I think this still applies :

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/extra/news-item.cfm/newsid/787

the actual purchaser who has a contract and is entitled to certain rights under the law, for example asking for a refund if the product is not as described, unfit for purpose or of unsatisfactory quality

Soldato
If they do it for you they would have to do it for everyone. That isn't good business.

Good business is supplying a product that works.

If the customer cannot use the product through no fault of his own, ie the product is poorly made and doesn't function, then good business is to refund the customer his money.

BAD business is to supply crap then tell everyone who complains to swivel.

Back
Top Bottom