***The Official LG Optimus G2 Thread***

Soldato
So I'm trying to film my racquetball games. 60 FPS is soooo much better, but the file size limit is 4GB, and there is no 720P 60FPS camcorder option. Is there another app someone can recommend that will allow me to record in 720P 60FPS?

Associate
2 weeks in and still loving the G2.

My only issue though is the time it takes to load videos from Facebook, is anyone else having to wait ages for them to load. Im not a huge FB user but I do like to watch videos that friends post (which I only do over my home WiFi which is 12 Mbps) but I'm not sure if this is an issue with the G2 or just the Facebook app. Hopefully its just the Facebook app. It's not that annoying but just wanted to know if anyone else is finding this happen too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there any easy way of changing the onscreen menu button for the task switcher button that is on all the nexus devices? Or do you need a ROM?

Soldato
as I am testing the dynamic mode as of today..we'll compare later on :)
index.php

post-83629-1384393964.jpg

post-83629-1384393980.jpg

bought it from http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-LG-G2-SAFFIANO-Silm-Soft-Jelly-Case-Tpu-Silicone-Rubber-Cover-/251361797770?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

perfectly fitted my D802 no problemo:)

Got a black one of these today. Really like it.

Much better grip than the hard shell case I was using.

Bottom sags a bit on mine I think this is because I still have the plastic on the sides of the phone.

But main thing is the screen saver stays on

Well recommended!

Soldato
So i finally took the plunge and bought one last night. Black 32GB from ebay. :D

My plan of action when it arrives:

1) Flash a stock RUU. I've never owned an LG so i want to check how to revert to stock in case all goes **** up
2) Root
3) Install TWRP
4) Flash Stockmod ROM
5) Install Xposed framework + modules
6) Possibly have a look at Xdabbeb's camera mod

great plan :)

ive done the exact same apart from Xposed framework

dont forget StockMod Kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2525446

Associate
Hi all,
I would like to purchase this phone and my 3 contract is up in May, I would like to go sim free what is the best way to get this phone with no contract??

I've seen it on Amazon for £369 but i don't know/trust the seller, Also if i do purchase it this way will the phone be compatible with the UK carriers??

If anyone has any good tips on where to buy this LG g2 i would be grateful.;)

Soldato
If the phone is unlocked and the D802 version it'll work on all uk carriers. Do you want 32gb or 16? 32 is only available to O2 customers in the UK, so if you want that you'll have to buy an import from Europe or Hong Kong (they will work fine here if its D802). If you're happy with 16gb then you should be looking to pay less than that (my 32gb was £390), I can't help with where from though.

Associate
Got a black one of these today. Really like it.

Much better grip than the hard shell case I was using.

Bottom sags a bit on mine I think this is because I still have the plastic on the sides of the phone.

But main thing is the screen saver stays on

Well recommended!

Glad you liked it mate..as I have Nekeda, Diztronic.and Nillkin case, I always returned to this Nekeda case. It is the best so far..I have removed my ultimateshield as it was ruined by Dizteonic case..there goes £7.99..

Soldato
Glad you liked it mate..as I have Nekeda, Diztronic.and Nillkin case, I always returned to this Nekeda case. It is the best so far..I have removed my ultimateshield as it was ruined by Dizteonic case..there goes £7.99..

I feel your pain mate.

You have no screenie on then ?

Associate
If the phone is unlocked and the D802 version it'll work on all uk carriers. Do you want 32gb or 16? 32 is only available to O2 customers in the UK, so if you want that you'll have to buy an import from Europe or Hong Kong (they will work fine here if its D802). If you're happy with 16gb then you should be looking to pay less than that (my 32gb was £390), I can't help with where from though.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:D thank you I find phones a bloody nightmare :rolleyes:
Is there a way you can send me a private link to any trusted sites to buy from?

Soldato
great plan :)

ive done the exact same apart from Xposed framework

dont forget StockMod Kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2525446

Lol...I did everything the same too but then flashed back to the original LG ROM because I didn't like the StockMod ROM but I did flash xdabbeb's camera mod (1.2.0 LG Codebase 10 version) which is a great mod.

I removed my original Terrapin screen protector which in all honesty was naff as the Diztronic case was interfering with it and installed another screen protector (can't recall the make) however it plays nice with the Diztronic case.

I have MediaDevil screen protectors coming my way, will update you all in regards to the quality of them.

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
Seems like the best way to get a 32GB is to import one from Amazon.fr or Amazon.de (it's about £480 inc. 2-3 day postage from Amazon.de). Then, if it's faulty/you don't like it, you can return it easily thanks to their fantastic returns policy. You also get a full EU warranty as well...

I think I'll do this...

Back
Top Bottom