Just got dark souls

Soldato
30 fps in Dark Souls does feel smoother than most games though (probably dependent on specs). For example the game feels much more fluid than Skyrim for me, which is a game that my fps readouts state hover around 58.8fps average.

Soldato
Might have to get this game, everyone goes on about how good it is. Even though its a die fest

Most of the hype you hear about Dark Souls and Demon's Souls before it regarding its difficulty and ruthlessness when it comes to killing the player are a little exaggerated.

The only difficulty comes from getting used to the mechanics, once you've nailed the most common telegraphs and get used to always expecting SOMETHING around the next corner, it's really not that difficult.

What the game IS however is unforgiving, what few mistakes you do end up making punish you without hesitation.

Soldato
I said it in the other thread, beating the boss "Manus" was the best feeling I have ever had in any game ever. Of course I has to go through the most frustrating feelings in any game ever beforehand, multiple multiple times, but I can tell you, when he finally drops, the feeling is like no other in games.

Associate
Still one of my favourite games of recent times. Originally played it on PS3, then bought it for PC too. I'd say PC, despite being a "bad port", is still the best way to experience Dark Souls overall. Assuming you have a pad, and install DSFix, it looks nicer and also runs better on a decent PC (Blighttown on PS3 is a slideshow). Also using DSCFix I was able to coop with friends quite easily, something I couldn't do on PS3!

Soldato
I said it in the other thread, beating the boss "Manus" was the best feeling I have ever had in any game ever. Of course I has to go through the most frustrating feelings in any game ever beforehand, multiple multiple times, but I can tell you, when he finally drops, the feeling is like no other in games.

I felt like that with Artorias. I struggled through my first attempt, barely doing any damage, but kind of forming a tactic. Second attempt I battled hard and got through by the skin of my teeth:D The game gives you a great feeling of achievement. The only other one that comes close for me is the False King from Demon's Souls.

edit- actually I think I did Artorias on the third attempt, as there was a 2nd go that just went awfully and I lasted a few seconds!

Last edited:
Soldato
I found Artorias to be a fun but simple fight largely because his telegraphs are incredibly obvious. I think it would be harder if you were playing a slow character but I never do because it just makes the game artificially difficult.

Hardest fight in the game for me is either Kalameet or Manus, the latter only because he is so unrelenting, you just have very little time to think or react.

Most annoying fight is Bed of Chaos because **** Bed of Chaos.

S&O are actually pretty easy, especially if you kill Smough first.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Bed of Chaos was just an arse.......

Kalameet was also a major timesink for me.

Manus can be brutal, I think I just get kinda lucky with him. I am fine with his melee assortment, its the spells at the end that usually cause me to come undone.

Soldato
PC.

Love the DLC boss fights, Artorias is probably the most fun boss in the entire game. I always two hand my weapon against him for some reason, he's just so fun to dodge blocking would be boring :p.

Yeah, I agree. I love the more humanoid enemies from Demon's/Dark where dodging is great fun...Penetrator, False King, Artorias, O&S, Gwyn. They are my favourites.

Soldato
For some reason, mines buggered and doesn't run anymore... But I got a lot of help from a member of this forum, got pretty far but then gave up as I kept dieing lol. Never completed it. LOVE it though!

Associate
One of the best games I have played for a long time. It reminds me of how games used to be in the late 90s; unforgiving but extremely rewarding. Very immersive world/story but can be quite frustrating at times. I have 70 hours and still counting! Praise the sun :)

Back
Top Bottom