The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Caporegime
I get the impression most youtubers add the voice on after the video is captured ;)

probably one of the reasons you erm so much is that you are not going off a script

Soldato
scrolls is really good to since you play the cards on a battlefield like a turn based strategy game.

it's not free though but I found it far more fun than hearthstone and getting cards doesn't take an age since you get a reward each game whether you lose or not , obviously the victor gets a greater reward.

totalbiscuit is total fail at it though.. like putting artillery peices down where they would hit where someone is standing IF it fired that turn rather than putting it somewhere to protect a lane someone could move to

thanks Arknor will check this out tonight looks fun and more involved than hearth although hearth is still in beta so won't rush to judgement on it.

Soldato
Its pretty good, Has anyone actually chucked some money down on it yet? I got 2 packs for the beta legendary (crap card) but thinking about just putting down £35 for the 40 decks.

Grinding quests and 3 wins is going to take forever.

Caporegime
Its pretty good, Has anyone actually chucked some money down on it yet? I got 2 packs for the beta legendary (crap card) but thinking about just putting down £35 for the 40 decks.

I bought two for the beta card also but don't find the game fun enough right now to play it with the crappy rewards of only gold every 3 wins unless you have a quest.

seems totally pointless to play it to me and a monumental grind

Associate
mnqf.png

I can't believe how over powered a Warlock Murloc deck is when synergised early on. Feels like cheating.

Associate

Ive bought the 15 pack bunch 3 times, so about £45 I guess. Also bought maybe 20 packs with gold/arena rewards.

I now have pretty much every card I want except for a couple of legendaries and epics.

Im just gonna save up dust for those over time, doesn't bother me becuase I enjoy just playing the game, doesn't feel like a grind at all (to me). :cool:

Associate
Always take 2 low cost Silence cards in your deck to counter the Murloc Warleader, take 2 Knife Jugglers and same random Direct Damage spells to try and counter any Blood Imps? That's what I'd do.

Soldato
they are just animated from what i remember, but obviously nice for the bling :p

Im really loving this, im enjoying trying to build up the kind of encyclopedic (sp?) knowledge of the cards and combinations, it really seems to be the game i was looking for to jump into for a few minutes, or indeed for a late night session :)

Dont have any interest in ranked play, arena and play modes are fun for me, ive no wish to go up against prebuilt decks. At least in arena theres a bit of RNG involved.

Associate
I can't believe how over powered a Warlock Murloc deck is when synergised early on. Feels like cheating.

I thought that until last night I came up against a Paladin Murloc deck with a Sword of Justice. A 3 cost card that gives the next 5 minions +1/+1, when they coined it on turn 2 there was just no counter to it :(

Associate
What do people use to make a good deck? Trial and error? At the moment I'm just using Hearthead as a resource, haven't found anything I'm madly in love with yet.

Soldato
I thought that until last night I came up against a Paladin Murloc deck with a Sword of Justice. A 3 cost card that gives the next 5 minions +1/+1, when they coined it on turn 2 there was just no counter to it :(

Playing an Ooze in that situation really makes your day.

I had an utterly ridiculous game with a Paladin in Arena. First he plays the Sword of Justice. Followed by FOUR Truesilver Champions. I got an Ooze and destroyed one but he just had a never ending supply of them. Still beat him thankfully.

Soldato
What do people use to make a good deck? Trial and error? At the moment I'm just using Hearthead as a resource, haven't found anything I'm madly in love with yet.

Depends. For constructed, just play until you find a Character you like, and a combo/idea you enjoy. If you like to go all out aggression then you'll start to build decks around cards that allow you to do so. And so on.

Soldato
Pretty much, You soon realise a card is crap when you have it come up X amount of times and it does literally nothing to the board.
Likewise for cards that you later find out you really need in your deck.

Soldato
Are you looking for starter decks?

If you're new I'd first off get every class to 10, beat each classes normal and expert AI (expert's not hard) along the way. This will give you a few hundred gold and you'll get the cards you require (eg blessing of kings, flame strike etc...) for climbing ranked.

Once you've done that I'd suggest trying out trumps starter decks which require no additional cards. They are cheap and cheerful. You can replace a few cards as you get more for the class and turn them into other deck types (eg convert the warlock into aggro by dropping the curve).

If you're considering making cards then the best ones that are staples of nearly all decks are:
(2) fairie dragon - 3/2 untargetable with spells / abilities
(3) Harvest golem - 2/3+2/1 on death.
(4) Dark iron dwarf - 4/4 +2/0 on a minion (friend or foe)

Just remember you'll likely end up disenchanting a few if you make these, they appear in packs often as they are common etc...

Back
Top Bottom