• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**** Official Titan owners thread. ****

Soldato
Not sure why you're swapping titans for 290x's with similar performance, unless you game at 3 screen or 4k it barely seems worth it.

However we welcome you to the red side with the rest of us commoners with open arms. :p

With the current prices, hardly the case anymore is it.

I can see both moving in line with each other to the extent you literally just pick your favourite colour. Red or green.

Just glad we're not likely to see anymore Titan pricing again.

Soldato
Just glad we're not likely to see anymore Titan pricing again.

How are you so sure? Nvidia will gouge us once again when their next line of cards comes out, I'm certain. If the rumour is true that Maxwell 20nm will have 24 SMX units with 6144 CUDA cores, and they release first (which they will. AMD have only just released their response to the Titan) then you can be sure they'll price it extremely high.

Caporegime
Well after plenty of searching and looking around, it is safe to say our Titans are still top dog for now :D

290X is clocked high out of the box and needs 1.41V to get anywhere near what we can get to with ease :eek:

Soldato
Well after plenty of searching and looking around, it is safe to say our Titans are still top dog for now :D

290X is clocked high out of the box and needs 1.41V to get anywhere near what we can get to with ease :eek:

It's certainly looks that way, have a feeling that once underwater they will show their true performance.

Last edited:
Permabanned
ok so I aint got a Titan, I have two 780's sli, thought I'd just post, hide here lol with this..

I have been watching bench results for R9 290X in heaven 4 and was a little baffled, the best score I saw was

FPS 52.5

SCORE 1324

MIN FPS 26.5

MAX FPS 107.2

1920X1080P HEAVEN SETTINGS MAXED.

So, I thought i'd disable sli and ran the test on a single 780 and got a higher score, yes my 780 was oc to 1150MHz but so was the 290X with a similar speed. Didn't want to post in other thread because of fallout and shrapnel lol. Anyway here's what I got..

FPS 59.5

SCORE 1500

MIN FPS 32.6

MAX FPS 125.2

So, is there any truth with TTL's and linus reviews?

Soldato
ok so I aint got a Titan, I have two 780's sli, thought I'd just post, hide here lol with this..

I have been watching bench results for R9 290X in heaven 4 and was a little baffled, the best score I saw was

FPS 52.5

SCORE 1324

MIN FPS 26.5

MAX FPS 107.2

So, I thought i'd disable sli and ran the test on a single 780 and got a higher score, yes my 780 was oc to 1150MHz but so was the 290X with a similar speed. Didn't want to post in other thread because of fallout and shrapnel lol. Anyway here's what I got..

FPS 59.5

SCORE 1500

MIN FPS 32.6

MAX FPS 125.2

You can't ignore them.

Some people tend to get up in arms if they hear anything they don't agree with.

Caporegime

FPS 52.5

SCORE 1324

MIN FPS 26.5

MAX FPS 107.2

FPS 59.5

SCORE 1500

MIN FPS 32.6

MAX FPS 125.2

You can't ignore them.

Some people tend to get up in arms if they hear anything they don't agree with.

+1 Neil

I have not watched the TTL video (and will not either as the man is a ****) but it has upset a few people. It seems that if a negative is mentioned at all, he is in Nvidia's pocket and the same goes for anyone who does the same. Not sure why negatives are scorned upon, as I would want to see the negatives as well as the positives.

God damn it, looks like I will have to put up with that horrible man and go watch that damned TTL review now to know what the fuss was about :mad:

Caporegime
What's making me laugh is those who accept the noise and heat/dropped performance on those cards and feel it's acceptable for a £400+ GPU.

Throttling was a an issue when titan launched and that was a £800+ gpu. Over time though the problem was rectified via bios flashes, water cooling and what not. This will be no different i expect. Have to wait and see what waterblocks and AIB coolers will do.

Ita a shame but this appears to be the ways its going to go now. Throttling ftw. Probably helps keep RMA's down a bit though. :D

Permabanned
+1 Neil

I have not watched the TTL video (and will not either as the man is a ****) but it has upset a few people. It seems that if a negative is mentioned at all, he is in Nvidia's pocket and the same goes for anyone who does the same. Not sure why negatives are scorned upon, as I would want to see the negatives as well as the positives.

God damn it, looks like I will have to put up with that horrible man and go watch that damned TTL review now to know what the fuss was about :mad:

Hes a giant DB Gregg. He is infuriating and his inability to say anti-aliasing and tachometer further cements his place in giant douchebaggery for me

Caporegime
Ok, watched it and he gave it the performance award and spent far too much time talking about aesthetics and wound me up by saying "anti ally-r-sing" I will say one thing though, Check out his benchmarks, which have the 290X beating the 780 in most games but if you want out the box performance, this 780 OC from Gigabyte is kicking some serious butt. An ideal card and the price is very good with the free games.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=1914&subid=1341

The Gregsters performance award winner right there :p

Soldato
If they are the ones as shown 'MSI GTX780 Gaming OC', then deffo clear winners out of the box. They are kicking the Gigabytes butt :D

Sadly they have been putting Elpdia memory on MSI for a while now :(

It's pretty quiet but way behind Asus DCU2's cooler and the Asus is about the only 780 coming through with Samsung memory.

Something really weird though the MSI with Elpidia memory is smoother in FC3 and a couple of other things....go figure that one :D

re TTL, I have a problem with him keep dropping cards on that table more than his dribble :D

Back
Top Bottom