** CORSAIR LIQUID COOLING SOLUTIONS - CRAZIEST DEAL OF 2013 **

Associate
I apologise if this has already been answered in this thread but these refurb units, has that irritating pump nose been fixed?

The known pump noise was something that we have addressed a while back. Both current retail and refurb units will not have this issue anymore. We have only seen this issue on very early batches which is years ago.

Associate
Is corsair ever going to get decent firmware for the 100i without borking the LED, like asus make good hardware but the software is pure garbage.

We haven't had any major issue with FW version 1.07 for both the H80i and H100i. If you are having some issue with the LED on the pump, it's probably because of the LED itself being funky, more like a hardware issue. We did see some issue with the previous FW, v1.05, but after the 1.07 was released, it has been solid based on what we are seeing in the field.

Soldato
H80 ordered today with some Corsair fans so I can get back into my PS-07 case, hoping the new fans will stop the 7990 from suffocating in there! :p

Although no dispatch email :(

*EDIT* Shipped...let's hope it aint leaking now :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone noticed any residue forming on the inside of the fans on the H100? Look's like a bit of oil as flown out of the center of the fans on mine. Atleast I hope it's come from the fans. Can't see any leaks anywhere on the radiator.

Associate
Anyone noticed any residue forming on the inside of the fans on the H100? Look's like a bit of oil as flown out of the center of the fans on mine. Atleast I hope it's come from the fans. Can't see any leaks anywhere on the radiator.

We've seen that happen on some of the fans. Nothing to worry about it though, it's basically some fans were heavily lubricated during assembly. Once the fan starts running, the excess oil will start to come out from the motor housing and will end up either on the fan blade or the fan chassis. Just wipe if off with a piece of cloth and that should take care of it.

Soldato
We've seen that happen on some of the fans. Nothing to worry about it though, it's basically some fans were heavily lubricated during assembly. Once the fan starts running, the excess oil will start to come out from the motor housing and will end up either on the fan blade or the fan chassis. Just wipe if off with a piece of cloth and that should take care of it.

Did think that was the case. Thanks for clearing that up.

Permabanned
I already have a h80i but would have defo considered one of these. I guess they have to sell them so cheap to because they had so many returns because of the faults, especially on the h80. I returned 6 of them myself because of issues, hehe. Great prices

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
mmm, indeed. i saw who did snap them up and it's not really a great deal. Wish i had snapped one of these up at the time :(

exactly. fair play to the competitor who took the risk on the stock. Ultimately, you guys knew what prices I was capable of reaching on the first deal and I didnt want to take more at a higher price and disappoint customers expecting deals and offers at the same low price.

It wouldnt have been fair. despite me trying to explain this to Corsair, they werent able to hit the price point previously offered so I declined the deal.

Back
Top Bottom