R3X

R3X

Soldato
Thinking getting one of these 2
Virgin Mobile Tariff 30-day rolling £7 a month
150 minutes, unlimited texts, 500MB data

Three Essential Internet SIM 200 12-months £6.90 a month
200 minutes, 5000 texts, 500MB data

or might even try the Three-321 pay as you go sim for now.

Any idea which network has the better internet speeds? Don't mind going on a 12 months contract if the speeds are better.

Yeah either virgin or that 3g plan sounds decent and similar to what we had with ovivos plan @ 7 quid per month

I like the look of 3gs plan here also :

Ultimate Internet SIM 200 1 month.
All-you-can-eat data
200 minutes
5,000 texts
From £12.90 a month.
1 month contract.

But not sure if there is a 12 month contract option and perhaps it knocks the price down to a tenner is wishful thinking.

Virgins everything unlimited sim @ 15 quid is an option also if your a customer that is..... but bit too much

I advised family+friends to move to ovivo recently, the good news is they won't be able to call me to complain :o

Soldato
Sounds right, networks check you have permission to do something that is going to cost them but no check to receive - just a number lookup. This might stop if you drop from the network though.

Soldato
Got my PAC this morning too. Porting over to the Three-321 sim for now.
Just gonna stick a tenner on that and see how long that lasts me!

Giffgaff also sending emails out saying they will give £5 credit if you port your number from Ovivo to them.

Associate
was a dark day for me...me little girl killed my fone with a a milkshake, a hour later ovivo dies, hope it had nothing to do with me :(. so I need both phone sim and 2 kids sims. been looking at hotdeals and theres a note 3 for £27 a month on tmobile with unlimited internet, seems the cheapest, what do you guys think

Man of Honour
Lol, ok ovivo are terrible did anyone actually read the t&cs

If you port your number this is an agreement to term contract. ie - no chance of getting credit back

The other t&c regarding going out of business.
Is you will only get the money credited back if you send the sim card back to them, but they've removed all contact details from the sote. (assuming they have any money to credit back)

So those of you who have filled out the form to port your number have zero chance of getting any credit back. Not that I think there's any chance for any off us.

Those who funded on crowdcube must be ****** of as well, raised ~500k a few months ago for 25% share.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lola, ok ovivo are terrible did anyone actually read the t&cs

If you port your number this is an agreement to term contract. ie - no chance of getting credit back

The other t&c regarding going out of business.
Is you will only get the money credited back if you send the sim card back to them, but they've removed all contact details from the sote. (assuming they have any money to credit back)

So those of you who have filled out the form to port your number have zero chance of getting any credit back. Not that I think there's any chance for any off us.

Those who funded in crowdcube must be ****** if as well, raised ~500k a few months ago for 25% share.

what if you bought a sim a couple of days ago and never received one in the post?

Caporegime
Pass,
Buy it on visa debit? Do a charge back. I think its debit there's no min value and credit needs a minimum expenditure iirc.

one was paid using paypal funds the other a credit card.

credit card company says I need to wait 30 days before making a claim for charge back, i have opened a case on paypal for the other with no response from seller.

Caporegime
Luckily this was a backup sim, shame they went under! Probably a runner with peoples money who signed up recently!

well i gave them £40 for nothing, i should get £20 of it back as it was paid using credit card. the other £20 is 50/50, depends on what paypal normally do when sellers go bust, do they pay out themselves?

i never got a sim, so never ever got to use the service so was money for nothing.

Associate
Damn thats a shame, literally just got my mum and dad onto this.

Any good alternatives for parents who barely use there phones? So rather not have one that they HAVE to keep topping up every month

Associate
Had got my parents onto this recently as well, at least they got a bit of use out of it. Phoned them this morning and asked my dad if the mobile was working just to see if he had realised yet and he said it wasn't, I think your mums broke it, haha. Not sure what I'll get for them now, they don't use it a lot.

Soldato
giffgaff is offering £5 credit for those porting their Ovivo number over: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/News-Announcements/Moving-on-from-Ovivo/td-p/12312942

From now until the end of Sunday, March 23rd, any SIMs ordered from giffgaff, including from a member's referral link, will be sent by First Class post. That way, if you order soon, you should get your SIM before the weekend (although that's of course depending on how fast your postman's legs are).

In addition, we know that a lot of people will have lost some credit, and so to give you a kick-start, if you bring your number in from Ovivo before the end of April, we'll give you an extra £5 credit to get you back on your feet.

Although they still need to sort out their 3G problem...

Man of Honour
giffgaff is offering £5 credit for those porting their Ovivo number over: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/News-Announcements/Moving-on-from-Ovivo/td-p/12312942

Although they still need to sort out their 3G problem...

Did a couple of speedtests just then on GG - with full HSDPA+ signal - 672ms ping, 10kbit/s down, 566kbit/s up, with full 4G - 136ms ping, 243kbit/s down, 925kbit/s up...... I think GG has had their day data wise.

(That is kbit/s not kbyte/s).

Back
Top Bottom