Formula z and 2400mhz memory.

Associate
Im looking at the current web exclusive on memory but before I go ahead and order im looking for some advice.
I am currently running a crosshair v formula z and know I wont be able to run these at 2400mhz but my problem is I cant afford to upgrade my cpu for a few months yet and am still currently running an athlon II x3 3ghz with 1x4gb ripjaws at 1333ghz.

If I did a straight up swap of the ripjaws for

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-128-KS

would they run at all in this system.
I would be happy enough to run them at 1333ghz until I can change out the cpu and they are about the best priced iv seen around so im dubious about letting the chance pass me by.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Associate
i had the asus m/board and i could only get corsair 1866 to work with my fx 8350.
But i think amd fx cpu are better with timings rather then speed.
even i7 don't really gain much from speed unless your benching

Associate
OP
I have seen people say on other forums and on ROG forums that the board supports 2133 on OC but have also seen them on ROG say they have managed to get 2400 OC with the 8350.
In all honesty the only reason im even looking at the 2400 is that its a lot cheaper than anything else atm, my budget is really restricted to the 50 quid mark and that pair on the deal are the only decent looking 8gb pair for that kind of cash :( so my main question is will they even run with my MB and cpu combo as is and if not is there anything else in that price range I could look at.

Associate
OP
HyperX 8 GB 1600 MHz is £53 from somewhere with lots of trees and that will work :) you wont be missing out on any performance

Those are definitely looking like the better option, I think I must have been going cross eyed looking earlier and never seen them lol ty.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hmm.....

We, Overclockers UK (OcUK) are happy to provide the resources of these forums to responsible individuals without charge. They cost a substantial amount of money to maintain and use considerable amounts of bandwidth which is paid for exclusively by us. As you know OcUK are in the computer hardware business and therefore the promotion of OcUK's competitors is forbidden. Examples of promotion are :-

• Posting links to competitors websites
  • Posting links to reviews that promote competitors
  • Quoting the names or contact details of competitors
  • Offering to provide the names or contact details of competitors
  • Hinting about product availability at competitors and their pricing
  • Using the forums to notify a member of intent or actual supply of names or contact details of competitors
  • Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in signatures
  • Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in profile
  • Posting links to or the mentioning of auction sites
  • Disguising attempts to do any of the above

Back
Top Bottom