Easyriders BMW Refurb thread

Caporegime
Got my car back from the Garage and relieved at the cost...Got all the parts for under £300 so decided to freshen my car up a bit.

Swirl Flaps have been removed also Car is 147K 2003 320D Full leather sport auto

Plan is

Replace the two front wings
Tackle the rust on the rear wheel arches
Replace bent Fuel cover
Full Acid dip wheel refurb.
New BMW wheel centre Caps mine are bubbled to hell :p
Black Kidney Grill
New Bonnet Badge again bubbled
New Number plates
Tints

I'll post some pics of before and after if anyone is interested. And cost's

:)

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The rust looks pretty standard for an E46, they are all going like this now. I would say that these are turning out to be almost on a par with Mercedes of this era. Almost every single one now is rusty, a 2002 facelift tourer i was offered last week was unbelievably bad, rust on quite literally every panel, all round the doors, sills, roof, filler cap etc :(

Primewell tyres though, that is something you can sort out as part of that list :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The rust looks pretty standard for an E46, they are all going like this now. I would say that these are turning out to be almost on a par with Mercedes of this era. Almost every single one now is rusty, a 2002 facelift tourer i was offered last week was unbelievably bad, rust on quite literally every panel, all round the doors, sills, roof, filler cap etc :(

Primewell tyres though, that is something you can sort out as part of that list :p

Dude they are actually very good...surprising...I know...But I would buy them again:o:D

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I jest, OcUK has an obsession with UHP tyres :)

That said, primewells, im not sure about those on a car with a chassis as good as an E46 :p

Associate
Would be interested to find out how much you pay for that rust/bubbling repaired. Mine has a couple of smaller bits needing doing which is a shame as the rest of the car is in great condition.

Soldato
Looks like more rust than an 80's Alfa and they say Germans don't rust...

Is it worth spending that much money and time on a 320d? I can understand if it was a 330i, but for a bog standard diesel seems a bit pointless.

Man of Honour
Wow the poor old girl is rusting badly :(

Primewell Tyres WTF are they? lol

Think I'm getting as bad as Fox with tyres these days, Looking to sell my new (came on car) Potenza S001 to get Asymmetric 2's

Caporegime
OP
Looks like more rust than an 80's Alfa and they say Germans don't rust...

Is it worth spending that much money and time on a 320d? I can understand if it was a 330i, but for a bog standard diesel seems a bit pointless.

300 quid to get it through its mot...swirl flaps removed...new wing bought for 25 quid....

The car drives well is full leather in great condition inside...

In answer to your question ...yes....it's not a lot of time and effort on my part...when the works done I don't think I could buy a car I know the history of,enjoy and had all the work it's had done for 1k

I'm sort of attached to her now...what I have learnt in the last couple of weeks is that e46 parts are dead cheap now...got a brand new front exhaust down pipe and cat and flexi for 117 quid..once she looks the part again I can see her easily doing another 100k

The guy at the garage said other than the wings etc...mechanically she is in very good shape.

Caporegime
OP
Wow the poor old girl is rusting badly :(

Primewell Tyres WTF are they? lol

Think I'm getting as bad as Fox with tyres these days, Looking to sell my new (came on car) Potenza S001 to get Asymmetric 2's

I have no issues with the tyres....I'll be buying them again without doubt.

Caporegime
OP
Are you going to have the rear arches cut out and replaced?

Think so....the body shop has booked me in on the 15th may....I just need to source another bmw wing in good shape.

Might have to get one direct from bmw at £145 inc. But I'm hoping I will source one before resorting to that....

Not going down the copy wing route...

Back
Top Bottom