Which to get S5 or Note 3

Associate
Hi all, I need some advice on my upcoming phone upgrade from an Galaxy S3. I am due my early update on 24 May and I am trying to decide between the Note 3 and the new S5. I know that on the contract I want, it is £79 down for the £32 per month contract and £29 down for the £37 per month contract.

The thing that makes me not want to go for the £5 more contract, is that there is no difference between the mins, texts and data. Everything is identical, except the handset price. I did fancy a Note 3 before the S5, but I was wondering if any got any advice on the 2.

Not worried about the fingerprint scanner and health stats to be honest. Below are my questions:

1: what difference is there between the camera's? I know the S5 is better, but is it massive?
2: Does the 4.4 KitKat work ok on the Note 3?
3: What is battery life like between the 2?
4: What is the note 3 like carrying in a pocket against the S5? and holding in the hand?

Sorry for the questions, but I am trying to get an idea of what to choose. Thanks a lot.

Associate
1. The Note 3 takes absolutely stellar photos in my opinion. Can't speak for the GS5 but I hear its great also. You'll be happy with either.
2. Yes, very well.
3. Note 3 battery life is superb, especially for such a large screen. GS5 is meant to be on par with it, others can tell you better than I can.
4. For me, absolutely fine. If you wear skinny jeans you're gonna struggle a bit with either phone.

Soldato
I've had both so I can answer those questions for you.

1: what difference is there between the camera's? I know the S5 is better, but is it massive?
- To be honest, not much difference, however, if you want to go into fine detail, the S5 does edge it, plus the auto focus speed is much quicker than the Note 3.

2: Does the 4.4 KitKat work ok on the Note 3?
- KitKat works perfectly fine on Note 3

3: What is battery life like between the 2?
- Hardly much in it between the two, both can last over a day with ease

4: What is the note 3 like carrying in a pocket against the S5? and holding in the hand?
-This is probably where your decision will end up coming down to, size. Both are pocketable, but unless you've got big hands you'll be having to use the N3 with two hands. The best thing you can do is go into a store and give them a try.

End of the day you can't go wrong with either.

Associate
OP
Thanks all for the great advice. I went into a store to try them both, but they only had a S5 to test, so will take another look in the next or 2 to try a note 3

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
We already know the opinion of those that have got one, What is important to the manufacturers now is the people that haven't bought one & why. Makes perfect sense to me.

Associate
Funny thing about the Note 3 is that when you first use it the phone does seem a bit ridiculous in size - lets be honest. But after a day or so it becomes normal, after a week or so you'll wonder how you'll ever put up with a phone with a smaller screen.

Or at least that's my experience of it :)

Soldato
Funny thing about the Note 3 is that when you first use it the phone does seem a bit ridiculous in size - lets be honest. But after a day or so it becomes normal, after a week or so you'll wonder how you'll ever put up with a phone with a smaller screen.

Or at least that's my experience of it :)

Pretty much this, once you are used it everything else feels like it was made for a borrower.

Soldato
I recently got an S5, battery life is fantastic, had 1day and 10 hours with 7 hours screen on, wifi and bluetooth, sent a load of emails and txt and even used GPS for 15 minutes and still had 22% battery left... my old S4 would be lucky to have seen 4 hours screen on with similar use but No GPS.

I don't know how the Note would compare, but just thought i would add my 2 pence :)

Back
Top Bottom