Anyone shop at Aldi?

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox;26627538 said:
You said levels. If you meant managers it made even less sense - there is no way a global firm like Aldi would have only 20 managers.
Unrelated: Were you in Plymouth earlier this evening?
I saw a very nice Grey 5** near Stonehouse.

Soldato
40% drop out rate at Aldi just at manager level.

The reason they pay so well is because Aldi as a corporation is so lean!

For example the Plymouth city store.... there are 4 conveyer belts IIRC but I have never seen more than 2 of them manned at once. So only 2 staff to pay for that role: but I have seen the manager sitting at the belt doing that role.

They have a rule that if there are more than two people waiting past the end of the belt, they open another till. This includes the manager if need be.

Soldato
How many different levels in head office?

How many different levels above head office (directors, non exec directors, etc in Denmark or wherever Tesco is based?)

Most likely something like:

Store Manager < Area Manager < Regional Manager < Head (of sales) for region (UK retail / MCR / EU etc) < Sales / Ops Director < MD / CEO

There may be a 2-3 more in there but that would be about it. There will however be quite a few at each level up to the regional position.

Above the CEO would technically be the Chairman & Share Holders. How much managerial control they would have would depend on the board in general.

Aldi being a similar business will have a similar managerial structure - just like any other large multi national retail chain.

Soldato
Tesco et al have a manager structure like this in stores:

Big General Store Manager.
Assistant General Store Manager.

A Manager for each department.. fresh, bread, booze, produce, ambient grocery, deli, butchers, pizza counter, checkouts, etc.

Then each department will also have a assistant/deputy manager and a supervisor.

Where at Aldi it is just one boss man and a deputy to cover the boss man's days off.

Permabanned
OP
They have a rule that if there are more than two people waiting past the end of the belt, they open another till. This includes the manager if need be.
Well they don't abide by the rules because they day I started the thread, there were 8 of us queuing on my till and 7 people queuing on the other one; with 2 un-used tills.

Back
Top Bottom