Asus G751JY ROG Gaming laptop IPS display

Associate
Yea, true that, on the other hand this whole ROG G751 series is covered in this mysterious cloud lol no one knows ETA etc, damn I want this laptop so bad, pretty sure as many of you guys too...

Associate
dazzy123 said:
Got a update email today from amazon uk.The G751 are shipping Nov 20th.Reason for delay was parts shortage.So get ur orders in guys. :)
http://forum.notebookreview.com/asu...751-coming-maxwell-gtx-980m-gtx-970m-106.html

The above quote is from the notebookreview forums and the user there, Dazzy123, has been given an ETA for his G751 (the £1599.99 one in my earlier link) as the 20th of November, from Amazon.co.uk... We might be in luck? Hopefully ASUS sorts themselves out so that Overclockers and Amazon etc can all have the same ETA.

Associate
I just wanted to chime in here that from what I have heard from the mouth of others is that:

- There is no Optimus on these 751 so the GPU will be in use all the time, no more optimus problems.
- As there is no Optimus the laptop will not use the IGU of the CPU. Therefore there is no advantage to picking the i7 4860 on this laptop. (Difference between the 4710 and 4860 is the Iris Pro, and 0.1 higher clock speed.

Save yourselves the money and buy the 4710 version guys! Lastly anyone found a UK store that has these in stock yet?

Associate
Exceptionally interested in this ASUS laptop - any of those that have got it already are you able to give any feedback on the build quality of it i.e does it feel like a premium build or are there plasticy creaks and things like the keyboard bowing on typing etc?

Also as to the what this laptop can handle should things like 3ds max/maya/photoshop etc run reasonably well with the RAM and CPU overhead with it's spec as I'd want it for light usage on the design front (not super intensive complex scenes) as well as a mobile gaming platform.

Soldato
Cooling wise the Asus laptops seem to have taken a point of ensuring it's got room to breathe.

Have an MSI and... it's a fairly decent laptop all told. Had some issues with their UK service centre when it had issues (a few sternly worded letters etc needed before they rolled over and accepted a fairly simple repair). For the price I think I'd rather go elsewhere though. The Asus ones seem like quite a decent package for the price. Most of these also have thunderbolt port so if anyone ever gets round to releasing one you can hook up external graphics card when it starts to get a bit long in the tooth/and have more power available at home. Not seen anyone else but the clevo based SLI chassis that support it yet.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My G751 is ready for pickup, woowoo! Will probably either collect it on Friday evening or Monday as they sadly aren't open on weekends, and I'm away on business this week. Need to prepare everything anyway, buy an SSD and backup all my old data. Excited... can't imagine how good games are going to look as I game on 95% previous-gen games anyhow. :D

Associate
The above quote is from the notebookreview forums and the user there, Dazzy123, has been given an ETA for his G751 (the £1599.99 one in my earlier link) as the 20th of November, from Amazon.co.uk... We might be in luck? Hopefully ASUS sorts themselves out so that Overclockers and Amazon etc can all have the same ETA.

Yes that was me :) and yes 20th of november is what ive been told.

"Further to you recent query i have received an update from our fulfilment team. This order is now planned to ship on November 20th 2014, the delay has been due to availability." Arran

Take into note i recieved this email on the 6th of november, and i email them every day for an update, so time will tell next thursday if the truth will out, lets hope that the stock arrives on time with no delay, as USA and CANADA has had this machine out for over a month already.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Will hopefully pick mine up tonight, but won't be able to use it properly and install stuff until I get the SSD sorted. Can't wait to max out all my older games, and I have bought Bioshock Infinite, Deus Ex Invisible War among others in preparation. I have so many classic AAA titles to play, as well as my existing RTS and mods, that I should be good for a looong time. :D

Associate
Yes that was me :) and yes 20th of november is what ive been told.

"Further to you recent query i have received an update from our fulfilment team. This order is now planned to ship on November 20th 2014, the delay has been due to availability." Arran

Take into note i recieved this email on the 6th of november, and i email them every day for an update, so time will tell next thursday if the truth will out, lets hope that the stock arrives on time with no delay, as USA and CANADA has had this machine out for over a month already.

Sucks to hear that. No doubt you're getting restless! I know I was, to the point where I just bought a Clevo P651SE (XMG P505 Pro) instead of all the fluffing around waiting for the P35W v3 and the ASUS G751JY, both of which have been through constant delays, and both are clearly still not available. On the contrary, my P505 should be shipping tomorrow if it goes according to plan.

Will hopefully pick mine up tonight, but won't be able to use it properly and install stuff until I get the SSD sorted. Can't wait to max out all my older games, and I have bought Bioshock Infinite, Deus Ex Invisible War among others in preparation. I have so many classic AAA titles to play, as well as my existing RTS and mods, that I should be good for a looong time. :D

I look forward to your report ;)

On the topic of SSDs, I actually paid a small premium to equip the laptop I ordered with a SSD (despite the fact I already have a SSD), primarily because the LAST thing I want to do is install Windows when I get the laptop and waste a whole bunch of time doing that crap. I probably paid £15 more than I would have paid on Amazon, but hell, It's probably going to be worth it.

Caporegime
Holy crap... my country must have got the a limited edition of special edition packs.I picked it up and noticed the box was huge. I get home, open it up, and find:

17" ROG Rucksack
ASUS ROG Cerberus Headset
ASUS ROG Mouse (wired)

10402587_10152333039891330_6448893450516772776_n.jpg

Very pleased with that! :D

Am configuring now then will report back with impressions later tomorrow... :)

On the topic of SSDs, I actually paid a small premium to equip the laptop I ordered with a SSD (despite the fact I already have a SSD), primarily because the LAST thing I want to do is install Windows when I get the laptop and waste a whole bunch of time doing that crap. I probably paid £15 more than I would have paid on Amazon, but hell, It's probably going to be worth it.

It can also be cloned pretty easily, only an hour or so work!

Caporegime
Wow... what a difference it is once again having a high-end gaming system. All of my games (most not next-gen, admittedly, but that's what I play at the moment) run like lightning at 1080p with max everything and AA, and I couldn't be happier.

Fire Strike = 8450, which seems to be on the upper tier for 980M's running at stock.

The laptop is VERY quiet and barely gets warm... CPU temps seem to top out at 70c or so when in intense gaming with a little overclocking (3.7ghz boost instead of 3.5), and the GPU temps are also incredibly low... I don't think it's gone over 60c yet, though I need to do some serious logging and find out.

Will also try a little 980M overclocking using MSI afterburner, see how far I can push it at stock volts.

Very chuffed with it so far... will buy a 1TB SSD soon and clone it over, then I'm sure it will really be like lightning. :)

Associate
Richdog...anychance of a more in depth review. Got a steam library bursting at the seams for some portable loving. Thx!

Just found uk stock

ASUS ROG G751JY T7009H £1,554.56

ASUS ROG G751JY T7051H £1,844.93

Is it worth paying the extra ? Or would the T7009h be more than good enough?

thx.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Be careful as some uk sellers are selling US models which might have warranty issues.

I have been told early to mid December for availability but tbh trying to get a definite is nigh on impossible.

Associate
Not sure if i`m allowed to post other websites on here...and can`t seem to pm . Asus laptops come with a 1 year global warranty so there shouldn`t be any issues.

Back
Top Bottom