BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
off to look at a 58 plate 325d M later

then later on a Seat Leon SE TDi lol

not really comparative cars - but the Leons are well built, and a 13 plate Leon 2.0Tdi is about same price as the 58 plate 325d (which is up for over 13.5 - seems a lot for a 2008 - but its quite low miles - and it is a BMW I suppose)

Man of Honour
If then 325d is an LCI with Pro Nav it sounds quite nice but if its not then I would be a bit annoyed for 13.5k.

First time I have ever heard the Leon described as well built though, I thought they were absolutely dire!

Soldato
Spent a couple of wet hours in this, loved it....if this is the future, sign me up baby.
A1CF8339-7167-4A3A-BB83-D28D80623441_zpsjejr1jxj.jpg

Soldato
That Alpina, other than the engine, looks like any other Sport/M Sport F30 that's been attacked by the Fast n Furious designers. The m3 looks so much better and the seats are brilliant.

The Alpina is subtle. Surely if anything the M3 looks like a boy racers tool with its silly arches and vents.

The M cars have lost their attraction to me. The Alpina suits the car better, more of a GT. Looks so much more classier as well. Plus I'm sure it doesn't have the stupid electric engine noise, but an actual proper exhaust.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Yup, and I'd have one over an M3

Would you really? This isn't a dig at you but I often read these kind of comments on forums. If you'd worked and saved up and had 65k cash budget, would you really put spend it on a 3 series diesel?

Sure if someone's offering you either an M4 or Alpina for free and you choose for latter. But with actual monies?! :eek:

Soldato
Would you really? This isn't a dig at you but I often read these kind of comments on forums. If you'd worked and saved up and had 65k cash budget, would you really put spend it on a 3 series diesel?

Sure if someone's offering you either an M4 or Alpina for free and you choose for latter. But with actual monies?! :eek:

At the same price it would be a tough call, on the one hand you have a twitchy exciting performance saloon, on the other, a super refined almost limo like car which (in a few areas) is quicker than the M3. But a D3 isn't worth anywhere near 65k, so yes I would pick a D3.

Man of Honour
At the same price it would be a tough call, on the one hand you have a twitchy exciting performance saloon, on the other, a super refined almost limo like car which (in a few areas) is quicker than the M3. But a D3 isn't worth anywhere near 65k, so yes I would pick a D3.

Almost Limo like?! It's a 3 Series! Its not at all limo like, I can only conclude you have never driven one.

You linked us to a 64k car and said you would have it over an M3, now you say only if it was loads cheaper. It isn't loads cheaper though, its the same money. So presumably you would in fact not actually take it over an M3.

Back
Top Bottom