BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27180083 said:
Almost Limo like?! It's a 3 Series! Its not at all limo like, I can only conclude you have never driven one.

You linked us to a 64k car and said you would have it over an M3, now you say only if it was loads cheaper. It isn't loads cheaper though, its the same money. So presumably you would in fact not actually take it over an M3.

So seeing that you have driven one, please let everyone know what it's like! If you can link to the part where I said I would only have it if it was loads cheaper, let me know.

I'm only going on what I've seen and from that I would have a D3 over an M3.

No need to get your knickers in a twist Fox, it's only a car :p

Soldato
I would have one over an M3. Its a cooler car. By all accounts its seriously rapid, with well sorted suspension. I don't see how saying its a tuned 3 series is any different to the M3...

Soldato
main dealers do my head in sometimes (not just BMW I add)

so far been waiting 2 hours to find out whether a car I was interested in - is actually in stock to look at or not

first I got the phone call back 30 mins later to say - still searching - can't find it - checking to see if sold or transferred (surely IT systems track cars these days) - oh and then got can we take you full address - no

then still waiting nearly 2 hours later from initial call - so frustrating

Associate
Test drove a 535i yesterday, really liked it and am considering ordering one.

Are the sort of discounts on Broadspeed realistic for this car at this point in its lifecycle?

Also if anyone could recommend must have options, I have a heavy mouse finger when speccing up cars :)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27183273 said:
You will also get the crap headlights with no adaptive and no led indicators unless you spec some headlight upgrades.

Well, he will still get xenons. Meaning everything else isn't actually essential.

Admittedly, I would spec the adaptive LED's next time though. I forgot about that above.

mjt

mjt

Soldato

Are the sort of discounts on Broadspeed realistic for this car at this point in its lifecycle?

Also if anyone could recommend must have options, I have a heavy mouse finger when speccing up cars :)
No idea on all the various 'packs', but IMO:
HUD, Adaptive Drive (or whatever it's called these days), pro nav, xenons, surround view, comfort seats and Adaptive cruise at a push.
Fancy dash might be worth it too along with a sound system upgrade?

Man of Honour
Well, he will still get xenons. Meaning everything else isn't actually essential.

It's really nice to have though - BMW have made it very hard to buy a used 5 Series with the extra lighting options though. Previously the Visability Pack, which added Adaptive, Xenons with LED indicators and high beam assist, was reasonably popular as the standard lighting offer was not Xenon.

Then with the LCI the standard lighting offer gained Xenon but nothing else but because most people spec'd the Vis Pack primarily for Xenon they don't spec it anymore therefore even very high spec used LCI cars almost invariably do not have LED indicators at the front, high beam assist or adaptive lights.

Soldato
Had that 335i for the weekend, i'm definately gonna buy it off him, the power is just addictive, its surprisingly comfortable, and economy is not that bad as i thought, Averaged around 35mpg on the M4 saturday.

The iDrive fault would put a lot of people off (ie £1k to fix) i'm not that bothered about it, i'd get it fixed eventually, the sound of the engine will just have to do for the time being :)

How reliable are these N54 engines, especially ones with 90k+ miles on it?

Associate

Took delivery of my 535d two weeks ago, and know what you mean about having a heavy mouse finger when it comes to options! As I tend to spend large amounts of time on the motorway I specified for comfort + ease on the motorway with some options that I just wanted (the 19" 351M wheels for instance :) )

I ended up going for:
  • Active Security Pckage w/Driving Assistant Plus (wanted the folding mirrors + adaptive cruise control)
  • Comfort Package w/Comfort Seats (those comfort seats are amazing!)
  • Advanced Parking Package (the surround view makes parking so simple)
  • M Sport Plus package (wanted the harman/kardon sound system and the 19" 351M wheels so made sense to go for the package rather than seperately)
  • Media Package Professional (the larger screen just makes the dashboard)
  • Variable Damper Control (based on various reviews and my test drives it was between this and the full adaptive drive, unfortunately adaptive drive was just one option too far so went for VDC!)
  • Sport Auto Transmission (why wouldn't you get this?!?)
  • Adaptive LED Headlight (these are amazing - probably my number 1 or 2 option if I had to choose again)
  • Split-folding rear seats, 12V power sockets, Powered bootlid (all options I choose for versatility and because I'm lazy ;) )
  • Head-up display, speed limit display + multi-functional instrument panel (Love these 3 options - but I am a little bit of a gadget freek :D ).

I also asked for the smokers package to be deleted as I wanted to just have the storage spaces. Done around 1,000 miles in the 2 weeks I've had the car and absolutely loving it and all of the options. Haven't had a real chance to make use of the engine properly yet as I've been stuck on pretty boring motorway for the most part. The traffic-jam assist function is pretty cool in a traffic jam though. Having the car steer/brake/accelerate its self takes some getting used to!

Discount wise I managed around 21% off of list including all the options.

Caporegime
Had that 335i for the weekend, i'm definately gonna buy it off him, the power is just addictive, its surprisingly comfortable, and economy is not that bad as i thought, Averaged around 35mpg on the M4 saturday.

The iDrive fault would put a lot of people off (ie £1k to fix) i'm not that bothered about it, i'd get it fixed eventually, the sound of the engine will just have to do for the time being :)

How reliable are these N54 engines, especially ones with 90k+ miles on it?

How much is the iDrive fault to fix?

Can't say I would be thrilled at the prospect of buying a broken car, it sounds like you'd never get it fixed to be honest as I've been in a similar position before of having a car with a (albeit a much smaller issue) problem and never ending up sorting it out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom