LG to Introduce 34-inch IPS 21:9 UltraWide (Model UM95) monitor

Associate
I bought one of these and, honestly, the bleed wasn't an issue for me. Just out of interest, I took a photo and the photo looks exactly like the many that have been posted throughout this thread, ie - a LOT worse than it looks IRL.

Associate
I bought one of these and, honestly, the bleed wasn't an issue for me. Just out of interest, I took a photo and the photo looks exactly like the many that have been posted throughout this thread, ie - a LOT worse than it looks IRL.

It's one of these things: If I'm playing Far Cry 4, it's invisible; if I'm playing Elite Dangerous, it's barely there, but my eyes are drawn to it all the same.

Associate
Doesn't look too bad tbh. If you don't want backlight bleed buy a VA panel imho, or you'll be swapping LGs until armageddon.

edit: just saw your comment re: Elite Dangerous. I've recently bought the Philips 4k 40" VA panel, and Elite looks utterly stunning. For the first time ever blacks are....well black. You can run it as a 21:9 monitor too ;)

Associate
You have to wait 28 days before you can involve LG......if your not happy you have to send it back to ocuk for a replacement.....but you will probs be faced with the same dilemma........if you think that is acceptable quality for a monitor costing around £700 and it doesn't bother you then its ok.

That is a similar pic to mine further up this thread......i mainly game at night so theres no way i could put up with it.....and really we shouldn't have too!

Give ocuk a bell and see what they say......ive gave up on the LG and apparently the dell has the same panel so im just waiting for the new samsung to come out.....it's £150 more than i paid for the 34UM-95 but if theres no faults i don't mind paying the extra......if LG had their act together i would have stuck with them......shame. :(

I can see large companys refusing certain monitors from the likes of LG if they keep churning out the same half arsed panels for crazy prices......like ocuk did with Hazro glass monitors............lovely monitors until the glass fell off lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess they're not feeling the pressure to make any changes to the design.

:D

...I'll see myself out :(

If you're still interested in 21:9 34" AOC have their model out in another month. Alternatively I'd you're prepared to go curved Dell have their 34" LG Panel based IPS screen out now and the Samsung VA one should be out in a couple of weeks.

Quite a few options out there now though most are still using LG's panels though.

Associate
I don't know if this is helpful but I found a way to replicate the tearing down the center issue quite easily.
Just overclocked my monitor to 75hz. Everything works fine but scrolling down on a webpage the tearing happens a lot.
Infact anything over 60 hz it happenes more often. Which is annoying as 75hz works perfectly on this... no flickering or anything but the tearing down the middle is about 10x worse.
I just downclocked it to 58hz and so far haven't seen any tearing yet.
Not quite sure what this means overall then?
Still haven't seen the tearing issue once now and running it at 55hz so it seems to be releated to running 60hz or higher from what I can tell.
When I tried @50hz at a time there was no change, so I left it @60 for the time being. A few days ago I got ****ed again and decided to give it another shot, but by OVERclocking this time. So I randomly tested 62hz, the tear was permanent (which I do not recall seeing when I tried it after getting the display), at 61 however it was ok, so I left it like that since, and I'm happy to say I did not see the tear since! (it's been like 3-4 days)
So my question to you is: did you keep yours underclocked? and did the tear come back?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
If you're still interested in 21:9 34" AOC have their model out in another month. Alternatively I'd you're prepared to go curved Dell have their 34" LG Panel based IPS screen out now and the Samsung VA one should be out in a couple of weeks.

Quite a few options out there now though most are still using LG's panels though.

And LG have their curved freesync version coming too - http://hexus.net/tech/news/displays/78765-lg-preparing-duo-ultra-wide-freesync-ips-displays/

Associate
yes if you check the model numbers of the curved its 34UC87 ( in the photo look like new stand ) which is one curve monitor that already released.

Edit : after more reseach
so basically new model are
- 29UM67 2560x1080@75hz with Freesync
- 34UM67 3440X1440@60hz with Freesync ( AMD site saying this model is 2560x1080@75hz but after read many websites likely its wrong info on AMD )

but they announced the models that already release again which are ( this is confusing of people on forum that thought it will be new curved monitors 1440p with Freesync )
- 34UC97 and 34UC87 ( Both are curve )
- and 4k monitor 31UM97

Last edited:
Soldato
yes if you check the model numbers of the curved its 34UC87 ( in the photo look like new stand ) which is one curve monitor that already released.

Edit : after more reseach
so basically new model are
- 29UM67 2560x1080@75hz with Freesync
- 34UM67 3440X1440@60hz with Freesync ( AMD site saying this model is 2560x1080@75hz but after read many websites likely its wrong info on AMD )

but they announced the models that already release again which are ( this is confusing of people on forum that thought it will be new curved monitors 1440p with Freesync )
- 34UC97 and 34UC87 ( Both are curve )
- and 4k monitor 31UM97

What website is saying it is 3440x1440?
The LG press release didnt say anything, th 34UM65 was 2560x1080, so logically and according to an official Amd release it is also 2560x1080

I would say any website that isnt LG or AMD directly themselves is just speculating and getting it wrong

The curved models dont have freesync, they are just newish monitors so they added them to the same press release to remind people

Associate
-The monitor in question is the LG 34UM67. As the model number implies, it’s rocking a 34-inch UltraWide panel with a Quad HD resolution (3440-x1440)

-the LG 34UM67 is the company’s first 21:9 ultra-wide gaming monitor that is designed specifically for demanding gamers. The new 34” display is based on an advanced in-plane switching (IPS) panel with 3440*1440 resolution .

-The 29in and 34in models in question will have resolutions of 2,560 x 1,080 and 3,440 x 1,440, respectively

Soldato
Yeah, which websites?
Are they likely to know more than LG or AMD themselves?

I emailed Lg after they announced the UM67 and the response I got was that they had no plans to do a 3440 freesync monitor

Associate
something amazing call ' googles '

thats quote by quote you find in a sec.

likely wrong or not i just said its likely what i found on those site.

don't shoot the messenger i say .

Last edited:
Soldato
OK, be as obtuse as you like, are those websites likely to know more than LG, who emailed me to reply to tell me it was not 3440x1440, or AMD who have just released a press release also saying that it isnt.

Edit: ok if we're playing the edit game, i'm not shooting the messenger, you are passing information, but also saying which info is correct and which one is an error, i'm just passing information too, from LG themselves and AMD, who are, *in my opinion*, more likely to have the correct info, rather than some random websites who have all seen the same press release from LG (that doesnt mention a resolution) and decided to fill in the blanks themselves.

Thats why i'm asking what the source of your info is, if it is the LG website then it is more likely to be correct, if it isnt then it probably isnt 3440x1440

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom