** Corsair Hydro H110i GT Recall **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi Guys

I have had information from Corsair this morning that they are issuing a product recall on their new Hydro H110i GT CPU Cooler.

The reason for the recall is for something that is a fairly unlikely scenario, if the unit goes below -10'C then it will leak.

All of our stock has been removed from sale, I would urge any customer who has purchased these products to contact our returns team so that we can assist you.

Any questions, just post in here and I will do my best to help.

Rich

UPDATE FROM CORSAIR:
The H110i GT is only a channel recall any units sold to end-user that are fine out of the box wont be affected

Any OcUK customers wishing to have a refund on the product anyway, may do so as you will be within your 14 day Satisfaction period anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Kinda of impressive that Corsair are going to all this trouble over an issue that would require the user to remove the AIO cooler and put it in his freezer in order to replicate lol.

Kudos to them.

Soldato
Looks at the date... it isn't April the 1st! :eek:

Just seems like an incredible waste of time, money and resources for something that 99.99999999% of customers are never going to be able to replicate.

Associate
Really? I recently only just gone through an RMA I have to go through another? And I've only just managed to finish the system last night and I was all happy that's it's finally done after already being delayed a week. now I have to take it apart again and pay for it to return it back to you again?

I know it's not your fault, but I'm a little annoyed...

Soldato
Really? I recently only just gone through an RMA I have to go through another? And I've only just managed to finish the system last night and I was all happy that's it's finally done after already being delayed a week. now I have to take it apart again and pay for it to return it back to you again?

Dude why bother? If your unit gets to -10 you've got other problems which will be more of a concern!! Just keep it.

Soldato

Unless you think the temperature in your house is likely to ever reach ten degrees below freezing, I wouldn't worry about it.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Just seems like an incredible waste of time, money and resources for something that 99.99999999% of customers are never going to be able to replicate.

indeed, but this early on in the products life span, it needs checking properly to see if the problem isnt more severe.

removing it from sale will cost them far less than paying for consequential loss of hardware if the problem is wider than what has been outlined.

it is a sensible move.

anybody with one who doesn't return it and it goes wrong...

well, dont say I didn't warn you

Back
Top Bottom