BenQ XL2730Z Freesync Owners Thread

Associate
Just made the plunge!

Can't resist a sale! its a good job that for everything else there's mastercard. Just have to pay it offf on tuesday instead!

*left a comment in customer service thread ended up having to pay for 2 day delivery but not going to argue over £2.40 extra.

Associate
OP
Just made the plunge!

Can't resist a sale! its a good job that for everything else there's mastercard. Just have to pay it offf on tuesday instead!

*left a comment in customer service thread ended up having to pay for 2 day delivery but not going to argue over £2.40 extra.

You will not regret your purchase, trust me.

Soldato
I echo that, it's a sensational monitor, could not be happier with mine.

Best settings I found for me personally which I've now settled on are

Blur Reduction - Off
Black Equaliser - 5
Colour Vibrance - 12
Low Blue Light - Off
Instant Mode - On
Auto Game Mode - Off

Picture - Gamer 1
Brightness - 45
Contrast - 50
Sharpness - 7
Gamma - 5
Colour Temp - Normal
AMA - High
Dynamic Contrast - Off

Just a ref for you if needed.

Associate
You will not regret your purchase, trust me.

coming from a 22" 1680x1050 moitor i recon you will be right ;)

I echo that, it's a sensational monitor, could not be happier with mine.

Best settings I found for me personally which I've now settled on are

Blur Reduction - Off
Black Equaliser - 5
Colour Vibrance - 12
Low Blue Light - Off
Instant Mode - On
Auto Game Mode - Off

Picture - Gamer 1
Brightness - 45
Contrast - 50
Sharpness - 7
Gamma - 5
Colour Temp - Normal
AMA - High
Dynamic Contrast - Off

Just a ref for you if needed.

Thanks, I will give it a shot when it arrives!

Associate
I desperatly want to purchase this montior with the view that it will last me a 5 odd years....

however i do not play FPS games that often and mainly play MMOs and RTS, will I benefit from the features this montior has to offer?

do i need 144hz if my MMOs only run at about 60 - 75 fps? i may need the 144 hz in the future?

Ive a feeling id prob benefit more from a 60hz IPS panel as opposed to a 144hz TN given my gaming preference

I also cannot resist a sale :)

Last edited:
Associate
my games to be played this year will be

Pillars of Eternity,
Star Citizen,
Witcher 3,
Project C.A.R.S,
MGS V,

have a couple of semi-old shooters installed but not big on playing them for lengthy time scales. I'm one of those weird people who likes them for the campaign??? Think my guy is like lvl 8 on BF4 and I had it at release.

I am hoping this monitor is going to make a big difference in most of those games listed above for me. The real estate will be an epic jump never mind the panel quality, refresh rate and freesync goodies.

Associate
Despite the negative media these monitors have had the past week im still loving the BENQ.

The 144hz frame rate in itself is a huge boost, as is the 1440P. BF4 plays amazingly well. I cannot speak for FreeSync as I've not used it yet but hopefully that will be another bonus aspect. The ports on this are great the colors are nice and vibrant. The S Arch thing on the base is also good!

Caporegime
Nah, it's a win in my eyes mate, gsync on the ROG Swift works lower than 40 fps and I can see some new games easily dipping below that. That and the fact there's still no set date on crossfire freesync drivers and some games weren't making proper use of the 295x2, it was practically a single card in some titles.

Titan X will be going under water if I can't tame it on air :D

Associate
Woop woop, arrived this morning to my surprise! OCUK must whip them horses hard to get it this far north of the Wall that quick. Most struggle getting past the white walkers ;)

Can see where your money goes, very well packaged with extra cables a and cover. The stand is incredibly well built too. Screen looks awesome will need a couple of adjustments to the picture out of the box but I will see the settings people have used here and have a play with my own.

Freesync was detected as soon as it switched it on so I will have a look at that over the weekend very happy so far.

Associate
20150327_115041.jpg

It fits just, good job I didn't go 21:9 dont think I will be getting much use out of the built in head phone stand (comes out of the left side of the monitor). Oh well printer will have to do for now.

Associate
Woop woop, arrived this morning to my surprise! OCUK must whip them horses hard to get it this far north of the Wall that quick. Most struggle getting past the white walkers ;)

Can see where your money goes, very well packaged with extra cables a and cover. The stand is incredibly well built too. Screen looks awesome will need a couple of adjustments to the picture out of the box but I will see the settings people have used here and have a play with my own.

Freesync was detected as soon as it switched it on so I will have a look at that over the weekend very happy so far.

Look forward to hearing your experiences with it :)

Back
Top Bottom