Driving on the Easter weekend

Man of Honour
Depends a bit on the weather, its not looking like being that great so might not be quite as bad traffic wise as sometimes but I wouldn't bet on it, I've spent way too much of my life sitting in traffic on the M5, A303 or A30, etc. :S

Caporegime
Fixed.

Reminds me of a mate who pays extortionate fees to "holiday camp" less than 5 miles from his house. Poor kids of his don't even know what a plane is or does, nor do they know that there are other countries to visit less than 20 miles away from the South Coast.....:eek:

lucky *******s, not having to endure the knowledge that the French exist :(

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27859464 said:
I live down here and use the train instead of driving at peak holiday periods, that's how tedious it gets on the M5.

Jesus, if Fox getting out of his BMW for a train doesn't tell you how bad it's going to be, nothing will :p

Caporegime
pffft, its all a matter of perspective, you see crowded motorways as boring tedium, i see them as high speed slalom practice :D

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the input, made the decision to still drive rather than walk, going to leave a bit earlier though.

Associate
Do NOT do it. Took us 9 hours (should have been just under 5) to get from centrol London to Darmoor couple of years back. Set off at 3am or don't bother. I was soo angry at my gf for not taking my warnings seriously ("i just need alittle longer to get ready" etc) that we had this massive bust up apon arriving.

Worse driving experience i've ever had.

Associate
OP
Do NOT do it. Took us 9 hours (should have been just under 5) to get from centrol London to Darmoor couple of years back. Set off at 3am or don't bother. I was soo angry at my gf for not taking my warnings seriously ("i just need alittle longer to get ready" etc) that we had this massive bust up apon arriving.

Worse driving experience i've ever had.

Sounds great. What time did you leave at?

Associate
worst one for me on the m5 was from Derbyshire to Penzance should have taken about 6 hours at a steady pace took 12 hours. Closed motoway even had the fire brigade handing out bottles of water to all the parked cars. that was a long day

Back
Top Bottom