Acer Predator XR341CK/X34 34" Curved Gaming Screens with FreeSync and G-sync

Soldato
I know we should wait for confirmation, but if the price is going to be near £1k (is that the one thong we do know?) I'm going to bet my feet that these are 3440x1440 144hz with Gsync etc etc etc.
I still don't want to buy an Acer branded monitor though. You just can't win.

Soldato
Be interested in a 144hz IPS version, even at 2560x1080, not VA though, I thought it fairly horrible on the Eizo, not sure why people like it so much? Couldn't see any detail in the shadow areas at all and the colours were over saturated.

Soldato
as promised, confirmation of official information and specs for the 34" XR341CK and XR341CKA models:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/33.htm#acer_xr341ck

Info about the 35" VA screen is currently not for public release, but expect some news later this month as soon as we're allowed to share it :)

One small correction, there is already another gsync monitor with more than just display port, it houses a complete second scaler, the BenQ XL2420G

Associate
OP
Oh well. 75 Hz just means it's a slightly overclocked version of one of the current 34" panels.

I guess I'll go do a 3x portrait 27" Acer Predator setup...

As for the 35" VA, I'm not expecting much out of that either.

Associate
Not surprised at all that this turned out to be a slightly overclocked 60hz panel. From what I've seen the large, curved IPS panels (as opposed to VA) have all been pretty ******. I'd imagine this is one of the existing panels or a new stepping which allows for reliable OC'ing to 75hz.

Edit: If there really is a 144hz VA version, that'd be the holy grail for a lot of people, I think. Though 35" is getting a little big ..

Soldato
Not surprised at all that this turned out to be a slightly overclocked 60hz panel. From what I've seen the large, curved IPS panels (as opposed to VA) have all been pretty ******. I'd imagine this is one of the existing panels or a new stepping which allows for reliable OC'ing to 75hz.

Edit: If there really is a 144hz VA version, that'd be the holy grail for a lot of people, I think. Though 35" is getting a little big ..

I sent back the DELL variant as it was painful. I can't stand tearing now either. It's a shame as the aspect is awesome.

Soldato
Wow, wasn't expecting it to only be 75hz. What a letdown!

I'm perversely relieved in a way, as I really didn't want to have to buy an Acer monitor. Brand aside, this news doesn't bode well for my dream spec monitor coming sooner than I thought :(

Is there any chance the VA panel version could be higher Hz ????

Soldato
Someone on another forum mooted the 35 inch VA will only be 2560 x 1080. I wouldn't be surprised if that's true now too. My current dell 2560 x 1080 already does 75hz. This is all very disappointing if true

Back
Top Bottom