Wolfenstien The Old Blood

Associate
Into the confession booth:

Please forgive me my sins but the final boss got on my nerves so I switched the difficulty from 'I am Death incarnate' to the easiest setting just to get it over with. I feel a little dirty and I sacrificed a Steam achievement but all in all... that was good fun. Recommended.

Soldato
I must admit I have a confession as well.

I am ashamed to say I have had this installed from the weekend after release.....and haven't played it yet :(

I apologise to the pcmr community as I not worthy, but will hopefully redeem myself this weekend :)

Soldato
Into the confession booth:

Please forgive me my sins but the final boss got on my nerves so I switched the difficulty from 'I am Death incarnate' to the easiest setting just to get it over with. I feel a little dirty and I sacrificed a Steam achievement but all in all... that was good fun. Recommended.

You fail at life! ;)

The final boss is rather easy actually....

just dont bother with the soldiers or zombies and stay away. When they appear is the boss kills them for you, once he's done that simply shoot him in the mouth....a lot! Rinse, repeat.

Associate
Oh good. My pre order has finally despatched from the tropical jungle

Still can't figure out why we had to wait another 10 days for the hard copy version to arrive.

Really looking forward to this game. It's the main reason I recently upgraded to a 970 from a 670 (lushness abounds at 2560 X1440 with 3gb or more in WTNO).

Can't get into GTAV at all.

Maybe I just enjoy killing Nazis.

Soldato
On my second play though only to get all the collectable's. But I might add I did not kill the final boss as I really hate them. Preferred this to the last outing I must admit.

Associate
ah yeah. Final boss levels. Always, always hated those. Life's too short for that.

Godmode in the console. Done.

Soldato
330MB patch just installed on my Steam account.

PC version 0.1464 revision notes:

- Fixed specular issue on characters during in-game events on Ultra graphics settings
- Fixed intermittent stuttering on .bik file playback affecting some users
- Fixed Steam Leaderboard load issue when no score had been posted on certain Challenge Modes
- Fixed GPU synchronization issue affecting some users
- Added GPU optimization for users with below recommended spec CPUs and above recommended spec GPUs
Loved that. :D Has anyone else seen the screenshot of the original Wolfenstein game in The Old Blood? ;)

Just finished this tonight. Outstanding.

Machinegames/Bethesda - take my money now for the next instalment please. :D
Indeed. It was quite short but just as good as the original game, which I might install again now I have a faster PC!

Associate
Finished it on Saturday. It was alright but I thought it got a bit pedestrian until the bit near the end. It might be me though - FPS just haven't done much for me for some years (though I keep buying them).

Soldato
Just me that felt a little underwhelmed by the game?

I loved the one before, thought it was great but something about this one didn't click for me. I've just finished and walked away not fussed about it at all :(

Caporegime
Does msi afterburner/rivatuner OSD work for anyone else?

edit:

urgh, the texture pop in is bloody awful! The last game had it but not this bad :/

Last edited:
Associate
Just me that felt a little underwhelmed by the game?

I loved the one before, thought it was great but something about this one didn't click for me. I've just finished and walked away not fussed about it at all :(

Just finished this...it started off okay...

..but once the nazi zombies kicked in it went downhill.
The end came out of nowhere, the final boss was fairly easy once you figured out he's sound activated... which didn't take long to realise since he only attacked where noise was and always implied his head hurt.

Overall not a bad game.. probably only worth picking up when on a good sale though. Which is a shame because I enjoyed the first game.

Soldato
Something I hate about some games - including this one - is the gun sound effects are utter ****. They don't have any oomph to them, they are so flat and dulled down.

Game is okay, other than the naff weapon sounds, it's just more of the same like New Order.

Back
Top Bottom