Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Tarley? As if he stopped any of them doing anything. :confused:

If you are going to think of an excuse for the writers, at least come up with a plausible one!

Yes the fat lad.
He might have told the truth of what had happened.
This way, no witnesses, they can say what they like.
Now Davos and the red woman are there, it might prove important.
Either way, he was in a group of people who half hated him, and the other half died off over the past several weeks.
'Your friends are all dying Tarly' said by first ranger.
It has been building to this, be as dissapointed as you like, they can't spend fifty chapters building to the same thing, they don't the option of writing a book every five years.

Soldato
Loved the episode.

A great episode but we have pretty much caught up to the end of the books and I believe Martin does not want them to go further than the books content.

For season 6 would people be happy if they introduced the missing stroylines from the books, similar to running in parallel like Feast for Crows and Dance of Dragans.

Therefore season 6 could be (attention book spoilers):

1. The Ironborn, the civil strife and Victarion raiding his way to Mereern.

2. Keven Lannister and the siege Riverun, possible bring back the blackfish

3. Lady Stone heart with possibly the Freys and maybe some Littlefinger

4. Young Griff and Connington storyline

5. Old town storyline, there was some mentioned at start of Feast for Crows and possibly Dark Star
They could probably squeeze ten episodes out of those storylines, maybe adding Brans storyline in too. Of course if Winds of Winter is released in time then happy days.

Book talk response

I don't think they'll bring Lady stoneheart into it, and I think the Griff & Aegon bit has been merged into Daenerys story.

The next season will probably be:

Ironborn
Tryion ruling Meereen, possibly fighting the ironborn
Daenerys book 6
Bran north of the wall
Riverlands + Littlefinger + Winterfell
Kings Landing book 6
Stannis book 6

Leave Jon to season 7, or have him receiving the dream visions from Bran in the weeks before "death".

I'm not sure they need to do Jon Snow at all next season :p

Soldato
Exactly.

He can hardly come out and say "Yeah I'll be making a return next season guys, so book readers and show watchers rejoice".

I'd find it hard to believe with such a major character, they wouldn't show his funeral if he were dead, they did with Tywin and Joffrey, I think I recall they both made an appearance in the first episode of the next season just to play corpses, so I'd hazard a guess with one of the most major characters he would at LEAST be in 1 episode for a funeral, instead of having him stabbed in the back and leaving his body there without burning it.

It would be more plausible for them to admit he's in 1 episode next season for that reason than denying it completely. Doesn't quite add up. There's also the possibility of a 1 season hiatus i.e. Bran and Hodor

Given the circumstances of his 'death', I highly doubt they'd give him a formal funeral. His body would either be burned in an unmarked grave, or simply thrown over the wall.

On the plus side, Lena Headey has a smoking hot body for a 41 year old.

Body double. She was pregnant when they were filming that scene.

One

One

Soldato
You can actually see the poor attempt at cgi'ing on her head to the body doubles (plural:more than one body double judging by the different boob shapes I saw).

Dragon cgi was really good today though!

edit:
double-cersei.png

Man of Honour
Seems like a setup for Azor Ahai with Melisandre happening to be there... given her earlier scene would be a bit contrived if she just let his death go

Caporegime
Yes the fat lad.
He might have told the truth of what had happened.
This way, no witnesses, they can say what they like.
Now Davos and the red woman are there, it might prove important.
Either way, he was in a group of people who half hated him, and the other half died off over the past several weeks.
'Your friends are all dying Tarly' said by first ranger.
It has been building to this, be as dissapointed as you like, they can't spend fifty chapters building to the same thing, they don't the option of writing a book every five years.

What changed between letting him and the wildlings through the gate and now? They could have killed the fat lad and his girl and kept the doors closed if they were so against Jon Snow and his wildling plan.

The way it played out makes no sense at all.

Soldato
Given the circumstances of his 'death', I highly doubt they'd give him a formal funeral. His body would either be burned in an unmarked grave, or simply thrown over the wall.

It was only a few of them, not all of them were in on the mutiny, so I assume some would not be happy about that. If so let him join the nights king and destroy Westeros that way! :D

#TeamWhiteWalkers

Associate
That would have made more sense, him breaking his vow and leaving with the wildlings.

It seemed really out of place that they just suddenly thought one night " ah *** it lets kill him"

Leaving their leader outside the wall probably wouldn't wash with a lot of the Night Watch. Small group killing him out of sight of the others on the other hand...

I agree and understand what your saying but it wont keep me paying for it, its darn right boring and frankly insulting but its typical HBO.

So past this now, its a real shame. I saw what I hoped was a fantasy being accepted into mainstream culture but now to see it be more akin to what can shock the viewers more...

As we know people become desensitised to this after a while, I have hit that limit and there are others showing the same fatigue.

If Jon is dead dead I'll eat my hat! Same boat as the book readers now on that score at least. Is he or isn't he? HBO wouldn't have any say on the characters who die.
Can even understand some of the chars dying who are not in the books. It's a huge cast and keeping folks on the payroll when they're not essential to the storyline is expensive. It makes sense to bump them off!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Depends how it plays out next and several of them fairly obviously don't actually die just pointlessly left on a cliffhanger for effect.

I think that episode will do more to damage the tv series though than generating meaningful hype.

Soldato
Apparently Kit has cut his hair so I suspect he def won't be back for 6 - if the character comes back it will either be TWOW of season 7.

Back
Top Bottom