Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Personally, I don't believe it's the end for Jon Snow. He'll be back next Season.

Cant see it unless he shows up right at the end of season 6.

They start filming mid July and Kit Harrington recently shaved that hair mop all off for the first time in 4+ years. Was written into contract to keep his hair long for the duration of run on the show.

Although do agree i don't think its the last we've seen of John Snow in one form or another, same can be said for Stannis.

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends how it plays out next and several of them fairly obviously don't actually die just pointlessly left on a cliffhanger for effect.

I think that episode will do more to damage the tv series though than generating meaningful hype.

I don't think it's pointless - as others have said it brings us fairly level with where things are in the books (in the books Stannis is a 'is he/isn't he?' for instance due to the Pink Letter) and it may well be the case that they intentionally didn't want to overshoot, despite knowing where the story goes because Martin will have TWOW out before S6 airs and wants his definitive version out before the audience gets the adapted one.

Caporegime
Stannis is hamstrung, propped up against a tree right outside Winterfell, with Bolton men everywhere. The only way he's surviving is if Brienne not only decides not to kill him, but decides to carry him away as well. It could happen, but I'm not sure it's likely and I don't really know where his story can go from here. He has lost everything.

Don't forget, even though he has lost his army he is still the leader of his clan and has a castle, land, and claim to the throne. They are all strong positives and could make him still very influential.

Mind = Blown.

Big spoiler please don't read it until you have seen tonight episode.
So John is dead, Sansa is dead(?), Aryia is blind, Santis is dead, Reek is dead. Stormborne is captive by the Dothraki. And yet Cersei still lives.

I'm really hoping John isn't dead, by far the best character in the show, followed by Tyrion. I'm going to go for the Dothraki recognising Dena and her coming back even stronger somehow, Sansa and Theon alive and picked up by friendly forces, possibly Brianna and Stannis, who wasn't killed in the end due to Brianna realising he could be useful.

doesn't even take much snow
Might need someone to dig them out though lol

Yeah, they have both lived in the castle for years, they would know every in and out of the place. Theon ran to a specific part and could very well have been going there because he knew there was always a lot of snow, or some other factor that would save them from death. They may even have jumped from there in childhood.

Caporegime
i am not sure how i feel about that episode.

On one hand, I hate them apparently killing of Snow, the only noble strong male lead character worth rooting for.

Also, I partly felt the whole walk of shame was a little too much, it got the point across about half way through. I know it's mean to convey how much she want to get back to the castle, no matter what and the nudity was also over the top. We got the idea after the unavailing on the top of the steps and after that it's just no point and not sure if it's doing it for the show's nudity sake.

But at least some actual character development and also moving the story along for almost every single character. Not why they keep doing that, build it for 8 episodes and then show it all in the end. Would much prefer them to spread it out a bit more evenly.

Soldato
GoT was aired Monday morning at 2am on Sky Atlantic to coincide with the US air time.

Strangely I wasn't up at 2am in the morning... and had to work...

Anyway, transpires the SPOILER tag does sod all to emails going out.

So all the stuff people were carefully hiding away pours out into emails :rolleyes:

So the ending of episode was ruined for me. :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow.

Great episode. So much to be answered in the next series though. Jon Snow - he can't die, right? Melisandre is at Castle Black, surely she can black magic some stuff together.

Yes! Unfortunately TRES (not your fault) your entire post appeared in my email folder (including everything in the SPOILER tag), which subconscious simply zoomed across, so the ending of the episode was somewhat spoiled for me :(

Surely the forum should not include SPOILER text in emails?

Soldato

So all the stuff people were carefully hiding away pours out into emails :rolleyes:

So the ending episode was ruined for me. :mad:

Why are you subscribed to get email updates from the thread? Just visit it after the episode airs.

It's really not anyone else's fault.

Caporegime

So the ending episode was ruined for me. :mad:

It's wise that not to read this thread until you have seen the latest episode. I mean this is the 5th season now so people will just post what happened in the show soon as it is aired.

Soldato
It's wise that not to read this thread until you have seen the latest episode. I mean this is the 5th season now so people will just post what happened in the show soon as it is aired.

I didn't read the thread. I wasn't even visiting it so as not to risk spoiling it. A notification email was emailed to me (from the forum) with someone's SPOILER tag text in it clear as day.

So I opened my email client, and there in the first line was basically a huge spoiler.

The forum should really be removing the text in the SPOILER tags from notification emails.

Anyway, damage done... Next time I'll unsubscribe from the thread if the forum can't be trusted...

Why are you subscribed to get email updates from the thread? Just visit it after the episode airs.

It's really not anyone else's fault.

Because that's the way I prefer to get notifications? Hardly unusual is it?

Did I say it was anyone's fault? In fact I pointed out to TRES (who's post it was) it wasn't his fault!

In truth it's the forum's fault. Poor feature design! It shouldn't be firing out the contents of SPOILER tags in notifications.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I didn't read the thread. I wasn't even visiting it so as not to risk spoiling it. A notification email was emailed to me (from the forum) with someone's SPOILER tag text in it clear as day.

So I opened my email client, and there in the first line was basically a huge spoiler.

The forum should really be removing the text in the SPOILER tags from notification emails.

Anyway, damage done... Next time I'll unsubscribe from the thread if the forum can't be trusted...

Because that's the way I prefer to get notifications? Hardly unusual is it?

Did I say it was anyone's fault? In fact I pointed out to TRES (who's post it was) it wasn't his fault!

In truth it's the forum's fault. Poor feature design! It shouldn't be firing out the contents of SPOILER tags in notifications.

You blame the email client and forum notification?

Something that you signed up to?

Come on...

Do you even need notifications? it's not like this thread is difficult to find, it's always on page one.

Soldato
You blame the email client and forum notification?

Something that you signed up to?

Come on...

Do you even need notifications? it's not like this thread is difficult to find, it's always on page one.

No, re-read mypost, it's the forum software at fault IMHO. It's poorly designed if it's emailing out the contents of SPOILER tags don't you think?

Anyhoo...

Soldato
great episode

10 months til it's back :(

Indeed :(

I was very worried about this series given the general feedback on the book(s) it spanning. But I'd say it's been generally brilliant.

Although I probably found this final episode one of the weaker episode in the series. But still good.

Back
Top Bottom