***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Caporegime
I thought you followed the youtube video which you linked? That works for me.

So following the guide on that sweetfx preset page worked for you too? If so, then no idea why mine didn't work... I made sure all sweetfx stuff was deleted and followed the install steps but nope :(

Underboss
OP
I thought you followed the youtube video which you linked? That works for me.

So following the guide on that sweetfx preset page worked for you too? If so, then no idea why mine didn't work... I made sure all sweetfx stuff was deleted and followed the install steps but nope :(

I did the video first time, when I did the second install I did the guide on the page.

You are just a noob.

Associate
Just installed my 980ti G1 card with latest drivers but I'm getting a lot of errors on GTA 5.

Could I get some help please this is frustrating!

I have got the "err_gfx_d3d_init error. It says: Failed Initialization. Please reboot and restart the game. Try reinstalling the game if this persists."

And I keep getting "microsoft windows - your computer is low on memory"

I have 8gb ddr3 memory so it can't possibly be that?

Soldato
Just installed my 980ti G1 card with latest drivers but I'm getting a lot of errors on GTA 5.

Could I get some help please this is frustrating!

I have got the "err_gfx_d3d_init error. It says: Failed Initialization. Please reboot and restart the game. Try reinstalling the game if this persists."

And I keep getting "microsoft windows - your computer is low on memory"

I have 8gb ddr3 memory so it can't possibly be that?

This has been the bain of my life since the second patch on GTA V

First off

Increase your page file to 12 GB... mines 12 and it uses 10 when running....

Second.

I found the drivers 353 to be really unstable (for me) and pretty useless TBH (see thread)

So I run my 980 on the 350 drivers that were released for GTA V

Third

I spent a long time trying to trouble shoot the err_gfx_d3d_init error. A looong time both by myself and with R*

There were two fixes that worked for me at first.

Underclocking to below 1200MHz

I like you have a factory clocked 980. Underclocking it works well. Miss out on the performance though so not at ideal... See thread

Fixing a clock speed

Also fixing a clock speed worked for a bit. Did 40+ hours with a fixed clock of 1500 and it ran very very well. Then the latest GTA patch and that has killed that. However worth a try (K boost)

I am currently not getting any GTA crashes however. In a total hissy fit and paddy, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game (again) after the patch had been released. I deleted everything Rockstar on my PC and did clean install from Steam.

I also uninstalled Afterburner and Riva tuner.

Touch wood, since Sunday and my card running at stock, I have not had a crash.

Caporegime
Glad I'm back to work tomorrow, hackers are really starting to grate me now.

Just reported one only to have him kill everyone (myself included) on the server, but they used my name!

Soldato
I've encountered nothing but them today and on two heists I went on, they activated some sort of weird spell on the cops so they couldn't see as we escaped the bank (Pacific Heist). Ended up logging off for the night as I was having a rubbish day ingame today anyway :)

Associate
This has been the bain of my life since the second patch on GTA V

First off

Increase your page file to 12 GB... mines 12 and it uses 10 when running....

Second.

I found the drivers 353 to be really unstable (for me) and pretty useless TBH (see thread)

So I run my 980 on the 350 drivers that were released for GTA V

Third

I spent a long time trying to trouble shoot the err_gfx_d3d_init error. A looong time both by myself and with R*

There were two fixes that worked for me at first.

Underclocking to below 1200MHz

I like you have a factory clocked 980. Underclocking it works well. Miss out on the performance though so not at ideal... See thread

Fixing a clock speed

Also fixing a clock speed worked for a bit. Did 40+ hours with a fixed clock of 1500 and it ran very very well. Then the latest GTA patch and that has killed that. However worth a try (K boost)

I am currently not getting any GTA crashes however. In a total hissy fit and paddy, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game (again) after the patch had been released. I deleted everything Rockstar on my PC and did clean install from Steam.

I also uninstalled Afterburner and Riva tuner.

Touch wood, since Sunday and my card running at stock, I have not had a crash.

Thank you for the information.

I have increased the page file (it was 200mb for some reason), it's 12gb now. Hopefully that fixes the memory issue which is what I keep getting within a few minutes of playing.

I downloaded the latest driver 353.06 but I'm now downloading GeForce Hotfix driver 353.00 from the thread you linked.

My 980ti G1 card is not overclocked at the moment, just how it came.

Do you think the memory issue is to do with the page file?

Caporegime
yeah thats not cool at all. Can make things look like its entirely someone else that did the hack. Such a shame GTA Online has turned into this.
Exactly and then the poor sod gets reported in the wrong, completely defeats the report function now. None of the kills used with my name were credited to my stats so you would like to think the hacker account racks these up and stands out even more.

I've encountered nothing but them today and on two heists I went on, they activated some sort of weird spell on the cops so they couldn't see as we escaped the bank (Pacific Heist). Ended up logging off for the night as I was having a rubbish day ingame today anyway :)
I was on a couple of times today (this morning / afternoon) and was only commenting to Stark and Skyfall how hacker free it was!

Associate
Had my first game tonight with fellow OcUK's. I was the quiet guy called HOmERCIdAL ;)

Really need a mic and to rank up fast.

Yeah Jester that scumbag and his mates started to become a right pain in the arse.

Soldato
Glad I'm back to work tomorrow, hackers are really starting to grate me now.

Just reported one only to have him kill everyone (myself included) on the server, but they used my name!

I agree. This is wrecking the game. Reported one too a few days ago, but no way of knowing it was actually him or if he was the patsy. Doesn't look like Rockstar are doing much about this.

At first I thought only some of the random jobs (mods) were hacked but no.

Soldato
Do you think the memory issue is to do with the page file?

Windows pops up a memory warning when it reaches 6-7GB if page file is too small.

I've seen memory usage @ 92% (on 8GB RAM) with GTA V, Skype and one Explorer tab open. So it does use quite a bit of resources overall, but 8GB should still cover it. And increasing the page file size should get rid of that annoying warning.

Glad my GTX 680 was a 4GB model, as it's using up to 2.5GB video memory @ 1080p with the settings I've applied. Not a modern card anymore but runs the game great at that resolution.

Back
Top Bottom