***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Caporegime
Windows pops up a memory warning when it reaches 6-7GB if page file is too small.

I've seen memory usage @ 92% (on 8GB RAM) with GTA V, Skype and one Explorer tab open. So it does use quite a bit of resources overall, but 8GB should still cover it. And increasing the page file size should get rid of that annoying warning.

Glad my GTX 680 was a 4GB model, as it's using up to 2.5GB video memory @ 1080p with the settings I've applied. Not a modern card anymore but runs the game great at that resolution.

Have seen over 3.5GB on occasion using my GTX780 6Gb and Afterburner @2160*1080.

Shadows of Mordor on ultra textures? 5.4GB Video memory!:eek:

Associate
hi all,
starting to get very annoyed with this game as i enjoy it so much but with all the idiotic hacking going on eventually its going to kill the game their latest craze is to lock you in a ferris wheel carriage and take all your weapons.
only option is to find another server thats clean for a while.
i was wondering to myself if we have any legal backing on our side to approach rockstar as the game we have purchased is getting almost unplayable.
i can see whats going to happen with this to many people is if cant beat em join em .
apart from them throwing money at you the rest of what they do is completely pointless.

Soldato
Had my first game tonight with fellow OcUK's. I was the quiet guy called HOmERCIdAL ;)

Really need a mic and to rank up fast.

Yeah Jester that scumbag and his mates started to become a right pain in the arse.
lol

I took you up in a Valkyrie but then realised you were passive and we both got boomed!

Have seen over 3.5GB on occasion using my GTX780 6Gb and Afterburner @2160*1080.
Mine seems to constantly be around 3.5GB at 1080p.

their latest craze is to lock you in a ferris wheel carriage and take all your weapons.
Usually you can go passive and get away from the explosions and ragdolling but last night he kept spawning npcs on me that attacked me so passive mode didn't help. I had a swat team with tazers that kept me stunlocked on the floor, a dog, jesus and clones of myself attacking me constantly.

That was really annoying.

Underboss
OP
Jesus people on Reddit saying they got "given" $40mil from hackers wowzers.

R* need to sort out their servers, when you have UFO's landing on you every second and people kicking you from moving cards it's stops you enjoying the game.

Give us private servers!

Soldato
Thank you for the information.

I have increased the page file (it was 200mb for some reason), it's 12gb now. Hopefully that fixes the memory issue which is what I keep getting within a few minutes of playing.

I downloaded the latest driver 353.06 but I'm now downloading GeForce Hotfix driver 353.00 from the thread you linked.

My 980ti G1 card is not overclocked at the moment, just how it came.

Do you think the memory issue is to do with the page file?

Hello!

Sorry did not reply last night but broken LOL

Your 980 G1 is factory overclocked, your base clock speed is 1228MHz (mine is 1266MHz) the NVIDIA Reference clock speed for the 980 is 1127 MHz.

So if you are still having issues, drop the clock to 1200MHz in AB

That is by far from ideal, however it does stop the errors.

I hope the memory issues have gone with the page file bump. There is a memory leak still... STILL ROCKSTAR!!! but that is much better, only creeps up after 2 hours or so.

Let us know how you get on :o)

Soldato
*goes off to check im not caught in the crossfire*

*edit: not caught in crossfire thank god, im still in hehe. Told you lot I'd be very wary about picking up money drops. I tried for so long to stay well clear of it, but some times you just get caught by a total tard while your not expecting it. Just going to have to keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Associate
There are reports about hackers making it look like you are the one cheating in an online public session, thus you end up getting banned by Rockstar's automated system:(

Associate
Yeh they usually use an innocent as an alias when doing the server wide killings etc. seems a few people have been banned for that... that or they actually are hackers and are just being children about being caught.

Soldato
Why are Rockstar allowed to get away with this?!
If it was EA or Ubisoft the gaming press would be slaughtering them for the state of the game! They have soooo much money they should sort **** out!

Soldato
this is a massive problem, i've seen server wide killings by a person, then everyone has gone mental at that person in chat, and they know nothing about it. Looks like hackers can get others banned, OH THE JOY. That's me done until they sort this crap out. Will just focus on Single Player instead.

Soldato
Hackers wise so far this week I've seen money bags been spawned on everyone, and even if the players runs around the rain of money just follows. Hacker spawning random objects or attaching them to players, and the most annoying one been nuking everyone on session by using a random players name.

Soldato
I just started visiting public sessions for the past week and might as well return to private friend/crew sessions now after fully reading that reddit thread. The worst thing is that whilst private free roam sessions are fine - cheaters still inhibit DM's/Races etc so you still lose out.

I noticed a massive influx of hacking as the past weekend's events went underway. Most revolving around players insta-teleporting to crates to get their damn 'shirt'.

Soldato
Rockstar will never be able to sort this out all the time it is P2P.

Whilst there is modding on Xbone PS 3/4(watching twitch yesterday and on Tuesday and there were people using mod menu's in there own twitch feed. It is not as easy to do. PC is as open as it can be. R* will concentrate on the monetary side because it is in their interest to do so.
However, without dedicated servers, cheat detection it is a lost cause.

Invite only sessions is the best way to avoid it but then the fun is lost a bit.

I personally think R* will give up on PC online as it is just to difficult to implement any sort of control. The only way to do it whilst P2P is to gimp all modding, download session based files each day or encrypt everything. However I am sure that would be cracked within a day. There are some very smart people out there.

Caporegime
Does anyone else get odd glitches in the story mode? 2 missions i've completed with trevor and for an instant seen the trevor model in the T pose then next thing i know he's coming out of a hospital and paying out $5000. Happened at the end of the mission where you rob the train and give michael the idol, and again when driving the mexicans wife back. :confused:

Soldato
I gave up trying to do rocktards job for the and picked up money bags wherever they were. In theory they should only be banning people that have actually been hooking into the game just picking up bags shouldn't manage to get you banned.

I also wouldn't mind if they removed all the hacked cash and vehicles I've bought with it.

Back
Top Bottom