Biking Do's & Don'ts

Soldato
I'm being thick but what danger do you represent by having a helmet on?

I think its more so you can vert your age by looking at your face. Plus, get a identification incase you decide to ride off without paying.

To be honest, its a load of crap. I've never been asked to take my helmet off, I wouldn't throw a fuss, but think its pointless.

Soldato
Search for "Balaclava in a petrol station" on youtube, Baron at his best :D - plenty of beeped out swearing, but bit dodgy to post as every 3rd word is a beep!

Ridiculous that a full face balaclava is fine but a helmet isn't. if any petrol station asked me to take my helmet off I'd simply go elsewhere, plenty of other places that would get my business.

Associate
I've never been asked to remove my helmet either but if asked I suppose I would, not really bothered to be honest, if it's policy then so be it.
Maybe I'd feel different if I had actually been asked.
There is a thread on this subject on the Versys forum with some getting quite heated over it.

Soldato
I've never been asked to remove my helmet either but if asked I suppose I would, not really bothered to be honest, if it's policy then so be it.
Only been asked once, over the loudspeaker as well, despite being at a Pay-At-Pump, where they have clear CCTV of my registration and all.
Strangely, that's the only time I've NOT removed my lid. I just felt it was the 'done thing', to not be hiding my face especially when paying.

Some stations have 'no helmets' stickers on the door anyway, like banks.

only the cool riders cancel their indicators
Only the eventually-dead ones don't... and only the rich ones have self-cancelling indicators.

Associate
Search for "Balaclava in a petrol station" on youtube, Baron at his best :D - plenty of beeped out swearing, but bit dodgy to post as every 3rd word is a beep!

Ridiculous that a full face balaclava is fine but a helmet isn't. if any petrol station asked me to take my helmet off I'd simply go elsewhere, plenty of other places that would get my business.

That vid of Baron's made me lmao when I 1st saw it. :D

Associate
Do take care in petrol stations as some do not clean the ground at the pumps and its a puddle of slippery gunk!

Do blip the throttle at good looking women (or men if thats your fancy).

Do get a pinlock visor with insert.

Do get out in the cold and wet to build skill.

Do not get iridium anything unless it is spark plugs.

Soldato
Yep, I've gone to park up next to a pump, put my foot down, felt it slip a few inches and gone to a different pump. Not worth the risk if some idiot has dumped petrol all over the forecourt.

Soldato
mm I have only recently started to do the same this past year or so I also have incorporated a zip pocket check before I set off a couple of times :D I thought this was an old dude problem like myself.

I have to remind my buddy for the past 20+ years that he leaves his on :p

Back
Top Bottom