Should the population be forced to take refugees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've been in my home town for a couple of weeks which suffers a lot from immigration. It has seen every school (secondary and primary) become overpopulated by a significant amount and one or two schools that don't have any students that have English as their first language. Also a large strain in community services has been observed such as in the police force. I know this and a lot more of the horror stories from over population because three of my family members work in local council dealing with helping disadvantaged children (and their families) and other administration.

Whether this happens in other parts of the country or not doesn't really matter but I've been talking to a lot of my family and they worry about more immigration as it seems with current cuts we just can't deal with any more people (wherever they come from). I have a feeling others may share this opinion due to the rise of UKIP etc.

So my hyperthetical question is: 'If the majority of the population of England says they do not want immigration but the morally right thing to do is increase immigration should that majority just have to deal with it?'

In other words should a country be allowed to be selfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom