Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I love you guys whining about your measly tax levels.

The tax rates are not particularly high, especially when you look at the car ownership costs as a whole.

The first-gen MPS is about £465 or something, which is another £200 on top of what I already pay for my Sport. So yes, it is quite high.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The first-gen MPS is about £465 or something, which is another £200 on top of what I already pay for my Sport. So yes, it is quite high.
Compared to what/where?
Motoring in the UK is actually quite cheap if you compare it to the rest of Europe.

Soldato
Compared to the £265 I already pay, as I said. Why would I care what they pay elsewhere in Europe? :confused:

indeed.. ! what does the rest of europe have to do with uk?

the fact that you pay 200 or so more over the year is still an extra, if that's spare change for you then hey, great! :) but I'd prefer to keep it in my pocket.

a few more, didn't have the chance to take any better pics !

do like the car tho! going to send it for a 360 service soon just for the piece of mind to get everything checked over, fluids/filters changed and belts checked!

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice, Grudas.

I nearly bought one of those but the interior let me down and it didn't feel as well put together as some of the other cars I drove - lovely performance though, certainly moves if you want it to :)

Soldato
Nice, Grudas.

I nearly bought one of those but the interior let me down and it didn't feel as well put together as some of the other cars I drove - lovely performance though, certainly moves if you want it to :)

thats!

I don't mind the interior tbh :) it does have lots of cheap plastics but meh, it's a first car! I'm happy with the sound system, seats are comfy and it ticks all the boxes :)

the only thing that bothers me is the squeaky passengers seat! and only when my brother sits in it, my gf, mum etc no squeaks as soon as he plants his bum on the seat it squeaks! grr.

what cars did you look at?

Soldato
Quite a few! Corolla, Civic, Mini Cooper, Almera, C4, 207, 307 - latter three were worse than the Mazda, Almera on a par with but had a truly woeful interior.

Ended up with a Corolla, was always gunna be between the Corolla and the Mazda, but couldn't find a 3 with the spec I wanted in the condition I wanted. Corolla had the better interior and build quality, I also preferred its drivetrain but the 3 had better dynamics.

Soldato
I've considered an MPS but I honestly don't think I need much more power. Most days to and from work I never get above 35 anyway, an MPS isn't going to make that journey any quicker!

Then there's the tax...

Ha. I do think this when I'm doing my usual commute at less than 30mph all the way... though the odd motorway slip road or country route can be quite a lot of fun. If I had a much longer commute I would have likely changed it ages ago.

I love you guys whining about your measly tax levels.

The tax rates are not particularly high, especially when you look at the car ownership costs as a whole.

This. Taxed mine at £490 last month then and £400 or so on insurance in the same month but really in the grand scheme of things it's not that much extra and certainly not enough to detract me from having the car. That's about 60p extra a day over the mk2 MPS.. but the mk2 MPS is a few grand more expensive ;) It is a bit silly how much people get worked up on the tax rate of a car.

Man of Honour
Am I missing something here?

£13,000 for a 2.5 year old Fiesta?

Why would anyone one not just pay the extra £2400 for a brand new ST-2?

Last edited:
Soldato
Because we don't all have money to burn mate.

£2.5k for a car over 2 years newer is not burning money when you're talking brand new cars.

You'd be mental to put that much into an old one if a new one is only that much more, the depreciation on the older one will be horrific surely? THAT would be burning money

Back
Top Bottom