Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
I think now that the ff7 remake is in full swing a lot of Final Fantasy fans don't care as much for FFXV lol. I will personally buy it as i love ff games but my hype for the remake is 100x more.

Soldato
I'm not really sure about this.

Still super excited but I have a feeling it's going to be a massive disappointment.

If they make it episodic I don't see any feasible way they could give us a proper world map. People have written on the internet how it may be possible but it won't be.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not really sure about this.

Still super excited but I have a feeling it's going to be a massive disappointment.

If they make it episodic I don't see any feasible they could give us a proper world map. People have written on the internet how it may be possible but it won't be.

It can't be anything like playing the original if you have to wait for "episodes".

I'll stick to the original and see how this remake plays out.

Soldato
Gonna do my yearly play through over Xmas. So just bought the ps4 port. Been playing it for the past hour or so. This version feels very smooth. And the battle models look a heck of a lot sharper than I used to remember. Loving the 3x speed feature too. This is getting me so hyped for the remake. Can't believe I'm gonna see a remake in my lifetime :D

Soldato
Gonna do my yearly play through over Xmas. So just bought the ps4 port. Been playing it for the past hour or so. This version feels very smooth. And the battle models look a heck of a lot sharper than I used to remember. Loving the 3x speed feature too. This is getting me so hyped for the remake. Can't believe I'm gonna see a remake in my lifetime :D

Me too, although this is my second playthrough this year (the other being on the PC via Steam).

Trying to Platinum it right now, only missing a few trophies;

99,999,999 gil, I have 25m right now so getting there, depserately trying to master as many All's as possible.

Level 99 with one character. This is quite easy now thanks to the 3x speed, Cloud is leading at level 79.

Date with Barret, unfortunately I wanted to wrap all of the achievements up into one playthrough but guess I won't be doing that. With all three cheats on, I should hopefully be able to blast through the game to get to that part again in a few hours.

Soldato
Hmm, if this is true - http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-part-one-scenario-complete

We could be seeing the game a whole lot quicker than we thought!!! Wouldn't be surprised if they finish up on part 2 and then 1 gets released. While I would prefer an entire game, if it means I get to play it within a year, rather than 5 years then I am happy.

Also, as discussions with my work colleague, I've always had this sneaky suspicion that the game has been in development for a lot longer than we knew prior to the first remake trailer.

Soldato
The whole episode thing makes sense in a way to me. But honestly feels it’s just going to destroy the game. The only episode I would swallow would be a Golden Saucer episode where you can just play a **** ton of cool mini games and Chocobo racing. Or by episodic they mean Disc 1 = episode 1, Disc 2 = episode 2 and Disc 3 = episode 3.... I don’t see this being the case.

The main thing that springs to me though is with it being an episodic... surely that means that it completely destroys the world map ? which means that it will be linear and I will be unable to do what I want and lose the sense of exploring. That to me is a game killer. Not an improvement but straight up gunshot to the head.

That said.......... I will still buy it because ya know Final Fantasy VII

Soldato
I've just Platinumed the PS4 version and had fun playing through the game again. It took 22 hours but I enjoyed it as it had been a few years.

Man, I remember as a kid trying to figure out how to beat Ruby and Emerald and coming up with strategies on paper with my brother and friends as we wanted to do it ourselves...kind of takes the fun away when you just waltz up to them and win without pressing a single button on the controller - at least for Emerald. I had to press X about 4 times to beat Ruby.
I love end game optional bosses in RPGs - but i'm not sure there will be many RPGs out there where your characters are so OP as they were in FFVII. Deff the only end game bosses in gaming that I know of where you can beat them without issuing a single battle command.

Soldato
9 hasn't come across yet, but sure it may appear on steam at some point. 6 has just been released on steam a few days ago.

Associate
9 hasn't come across yet, but sure it may appear on steam at some point. 6 has just been released on steam a few days ago.

Yeah I'm more thinking that 7 and 8 were available years ago but 9 never was. Hopefully they do sort that out and take 4,5, 6,8 and 9 across as id rather them on ps4. Especially considering I just got a ff9 tattoo today along with a Tonberry and a Cactaur

Back
Top Bottom