*** Official Fallout 4 - No Spoilers Allowed ***

Soldato
For some reason I had it in my head that there was a level cap of 50. So once I got to level 40+ I really started to agonise over every perk point, trying to pick the ones I needed most.

I actually hit 50 right as I finished the main story, then noticed the exp bar was still going up. I dunno where the heck I got the level 50 idea from. I'm thinking of restarting actually, to try to work towards a different ending and to start with a better starting group of SPECIAL points.

Soldato
Ive just finished this, mainly by going through the story rather than side missions. Enjoyed it but have only just now read that I don't have to buy all the perks from the top before the ones below. :(
Doh.

Ouch, that's annoying.

Can someone who has finished the main story tell me roughly how many more hours I have until the end of the game if I just do the main missions:

I've just met my son at The Institute and done the first mission with them. Now I'm not entirely sure what the main quest is, I've just got something for the BOS where I have to go and collect a load of parts from hospitals to rebuild that robot thing. I think this is because I sided with them for the main story.

Soldato
I didn't know until I was about lvl 17 that I could select perks on the lower levels without using the ones above them :/

@SS

You're in the same place that I am. My son who has completed it says 2-3 hours to complete it from there.

I went with The Railroad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just done the "Glowing Sea" mission, currently level 13 ish i believe whats the best perks to unlock? I've got sneak x2, gun nut, armorer, scrapper, toughness perk (forgot name), and Expert lock picks from the top of my head.

Soldato
Just done the "Glowing Sea" mission, currently level 13 ish i believe whats the best perks to unlock? I've got sneak x2, gun nut, armorer, scrapper, toughness perk (forgot name), and Expert lock picks from the top of my head.

Work to level you Science / Armourer, that way you can start messing with the Power Armour. I want a jump jet!

Soldato
Funny how some things can play out differently depending on the order you do things...

I'm doing a second playthrough and I ended up going to Goodneighbour before going to Diamond City. I managed to persuade the woman at the Memory Den to let me relive a memory, and we get to see the scene with Kelogg stealing Shaun from the players point of view. It ends with Irma pointing you in the direction of Nick Valentine to help get Shaun back. Kinda cool the game has built in contingencies for players who didn't do what the story expects you to do

Last edited:
Soldato
Funny how some things can play out differently depending on the order you do things...

I'm doing a second playthrough and I ended up going to Goodneighbour before going to Diamond City. I managed to persuade the woman at the Memory Den to let me relive a memory, and we get to see the scene with Kelogg stealing Shaun from the players point of view. It ends with Irma pointing you in the direction of Nick Valentine to help get Shaun back. Kinda cool the game has built in contingencies for players who didn't do what the story expects you to do

That is quite impressive!

I am not sure if I can be bothered with a second playthrough when you can level unlimited so can play my character differently with different equipment... perhaps the change in story flow can help my decision.

Soldato
I didn't know until I was about lvl 17 that I could select perks on the lower levels without using the ones above them :/

@SS

You're in the same place that I am. My son who has completed it says 2-3 hours to complete it from there.

I went with The Railroad.

Cool, thanks dude. Think I might just get this finished this week and then buy the Witcher 3 DLC and go back to that.

Soldato
That is quite impressive!

I am not sure if I can be bothered with a second playthrough when you can level unlimited so can play my character differently with different equipment... perhaps the change in story flow can help my decision.

I'm mainly doing it because I wanted to start with a better build, and try different perks earlier. Plus I'm still visiting places for the first time even after all the time I played my first character.

Soldato
Anyone with the Pipboy Edition can do me a favour and measure the Length, Width and Height for the Pipboy when mounted on its display base please?

I am trying to see if one can fit in a display case that's been offered to me.

edit: After much googling and filtering though all the phone measurements, this is mentioned:
310mm x 210mm x 255mm
Is this true and including the base for mount?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Grr, I need a bit of help here.

I'm playing this on the Xbox One and for some reason the game is constantly 'looking up' all the time as if I'm pushing up on the right stick.
Obviously I'm not and it's just getting worse and worse so that it's pretty unplayable now.

What can I do? I've quit the game and restarted, restarted the Xbox but that's all I can really think to do.

Any ideas?

Associate
Have you tried a hard reset? Or perhaps tried updating the controller firmware via the Xbox settings?

Does it happen in other games? I think it's referred to as stick drift and seems fairly common.

Yes Ive done a hard reset and just tried re-pairing the controller which has helped a bit, certainly not cured though.

How can I update the controller firmware?

Caporegime
Yes Ive done a hard reset and just tried re-pairing the controller which has helped a bit, certainly not cured though.

How can I update the controller firmware?

You need to try a second controller to rule out a hardware fault. It also depends on the game as some have different dead zones. The thumb sticks are very weak and can fail. One of my controllers failed after less than a year and I do not play much. Very easy and cheap to repair if you can solder.

Associate
Has anyone got the benevolent leader trophy? I've tried the method with 3 settlers but I can't get them above 80 happiness. If I can get this one to pop I can then have an easy run at my first platinum.

This was the most annoying trophy for me to get it took forever.

You will need I think 21 settlers in one settlement (you can get more by sending settlers from other settlements to your main one or creating a radio beacon and waiting for more settlers to come by themselves)

You will need an equal amount of beds to settlers (so 21 settlers you will need 21 beds)

Food also needs to be equal to the amount of settlers to have and the best food to have is Mutfruit and all you need to do is assign 3 or 4 settlers to them and should be over 20 food at that point.

A lot of defense for your settlement I just got mine to over 100 with turrets and left it at that.

Water I am not entirely sure on this but I had over 100 water as well just because I find it to be an easy way to make caps.

This is the big spender now, I found the best store to have was a level 3 Medic store and you will need 16 of these and assign the rest of your settlers to these.

From then on it's literally a waiting game, just stay in your settlement and go afk after a while your happiness will go up a bit at a time at that point sleep for 48 hours and repeat that process until 100 happiness.

Sorry for such a long post but I hope this helps. :)

Associate
This was the most annoying trophy for me to get it took forever.

You will need I think 21 settlers in one settlement (you can get more by sending settlers from other settlements to your main one or creating a radio beacon and waiting for more settlers to come by themselves)

You will need an equal amount of beds to settlers (so 21 settlers you will need 21 beds)

Food also needs to be equal to the amount of settlers to have and the best food to have is Mutfruit and all you need to do is assign 3 or 4 settlers to them and should be over 20 food at that point.

A lot of defense for your settlement I just got mine to over 100 with turrets and left it at that.

Water I am not entirely sure on this but I had over 100 water as well just because I find it to be an easy way to make caps.

This is the big spender now, I found the best store to have was a level 3 Medic store and you will need 16 of these and assign the rest of your settlers to these.

From then on it's literally a waiting game, just stay in your settlement and go afk after a while your happiness will go up a bit at a time at that point sleep for 48 hours and repeat that process until 100 happiness.

Sorry for such a long post but I hope this helps. :)

I've seen that method and I've also seen people saying it can be done with 3 and having success with it but it just wont click for me. Ugh I'll try a few more things but since I didn't do the caps glitch it'll take forever to get all the money I need to do this for 20 odd settlers but if that's what it's going to take then that's all there is to it

Associate
I've seen that method and I've also seen people saying it can be done with 3 and having success with it but it just wont click for me. Ugh I'll try a few more things but since I didn't do the caps glitch it'll take forever to get all the money I need to do this for 20 odd settlers but if that's what it's going to take then that's all there is to it

If you make a few industrial water purifiers you can make caps in no time. Purified water will go into your workbench every so often depending on how many purifiers you make and just go do whatever come back every so often grab them and sell them that's what I did.

Back
Top Bottom