Which Oil/Screenwash?

Associate
I have a Peugeot 108 but have previously only ever owned Ford Kas so I'm wondering if I can use the products I have here or if I need brand new ones.

Does anyone happen to know what oil it takes? The manual isn't very helpful and just says:

Engines and oil technology is changing and improving all the time so it can be tricky to know which oil to buy. For complete peace of mind, only use Peugeot recommended engine oils, such as the Total Quartz range. They’re designed to maximise the performance of the engine and reduce emissions.

5w30 Total Quartz Ineo - A lubricant that saves fuel and reduces emissions
10w40 Total Quartz 7000 - A lubricant designed for normal operating conditions
5w40 Total Quartz 9000 - A high-performance engine oil suitable for intensive motorway and urban driving

I figured they're working in cahoots with Total Quartz and I could easily buy Tescos own, I just don't know which one.

I don't do any form of intensive driving so I'm guessing I can go with either of the other two. What if I buy the 10w40 but there's already 5w30 in the car? surely it can't be safe to mix the two?

I've dug out my warranty/maintenence book and it has a cross list of all cars and all oil (including 0w30) and my model has a tick in each box! So I could use either one?

Same goes for screenwash, I can check what colour is already in there before I buy more but can you mix colours?

Permabanned
check opie oils and put in your car there, I would guess either way it would be a fully synthetic oil due to the long service intervals on a pug

just buy whatever screen wash it doesn't matter

Associate
OP
check opie oils and put in your car there, I would guess either way it would be a fully synthetic oil due to the long service intervals on a pug

just buy whatever screen wash it doesn't matter

It doesn't have any results for me on that website :(

Thank you re: the screenwash :)

Don
Worst case pop into the dealership and buy a top up from there - that will confirm what viscosity you need and what the current recommended brand is. After you know that, then you can buy from anywhere E.g. frequently main dealers sell the recommended oils on eBay at discount prices.

Associate
OP
Worst case pop into the dealership and buy a top up from there - that will confirm what viscosity you need and what the current recommended brand is. After you know that, then you can buy from anywhere E.g. frequently main dealers sell the recommended oils on eBay at discount prices.

But I could buy any brand as long as it's the right number, right? It's a lease car so don't want to mess it up by putting the wrong one in but surely brand wouldnt matter

Soldato
The main numbers (0W30, 10W40) only tell part of the story, they are just the viscosity or thickness. With modern cars the specification is just as important and are manufacture specific such as VW 501.01. Modern diesels for example usually need a low ash oil otherwise the filters in the exhaust will get clogged up.

Soldato
The manual says 10w40. Semi-synth will do unless you intend running it for a million miles then use a full synth.

Think Halfords are doing £12/5l good enough and probably a rebranded shell or the like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom