Faulty Item - what can i do?

Soldato
Anyway the email has been sent... Any bets on what the response will be?

Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry that we cannot help in this instance but we have a great selection of force feedback wheels that you can purchase as a replacement from our online shop.

I'd go for the pcb, seems a very reasonable offer.

Indeed. Q3z3PAd.gif

Associate
If you can prove from a repair service report that there was a fault then just go down the small claims route for £25. I did it with the L702x in my sig and made a claim against Dell and won. They spend over the price of the laptop fighting me and still didn't admit there was a fault, I spent £0 other than the fee to take them to court. A bit messy but it can get the job done.

Soldato
If you can prove from a repair service report that there was a fault then just go down the small claims route for £25. I did it with the L702x in my sig and made a claim against Dell and won. They spend over the price of the laptop fighting me and still didn't admit there was a fault, I spent £0 other than the fee to take them to court. A bit messy but it can get the job done.

What was the fault?

Associate
What was the fault?

gpu was having problems, and overheating. they didn't want to play ball even though they had already replaced the motherboard twice before when it was under an extended warranty bought from them. either way i think it should have lasted longer than it did and didn't appreciate their emails fobbing me off, so i made the claim out of principle more than anything. i wouldn't hesitate to do it again either, simple process and writing a lengthy set of particulars just means they have to spend more money on legal fees etc.

Soldato
this guy has no chance though, worked perfectly well for years and is well outside warranty.

There obviously is a fault, the only debate is whether the manufacturer is responsible and required to take action because of it.

Most OP can hope for is a goodwill gesture, which he will likely get anyway

Associate
Apart from the fact the OP comes across as a bit unhinged imo as others have pointed out if you can find similar TM issues with the wheel you should have a good case. TM bases units are notorious for having common faults so it shouldn't be hard to prove there was a manufacturing issue that should be covered by the SOGA.

Time to hit Google to build evidence...

Soldato
OP
Update -

Have just come across an email from the retailer. They have escalated the call to their customer relations team.

Apparently, they'll get back to me within the next couple of working days.

Soldato
I suspect all that means is the front line support aren't well versed enough to respond when people start invoking 'my rights' but you never know, maybe a voucher coming your way.

Soldato
Remember the sale of good act is not a warranty it's your legal rights within the UK. A warranty is always in addition to your legal rights.

Any claim will be with the retailer and not the manufacturer. The buyer has no legal re-address with the manufacturer under SOGA only the retailer.

It's always worth contacting CAB who can help with your rights and any enforcement if necessary.

Good luck.

Associate
I recall some years ago we purchased a freezer from a well known electrical retailer. Fair enough it was not a premium brand but it packed-up after 19 months. I contacted the retailer who in turn told me I had to contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer stated that the one year warranty on the appliance had expired. However, as it is unusual for faults to appear so early in the lifetime of the appliance they give an extra 6 month grace. I was gutted. To add salt to the wound the woman on the phone said "thank you for calling 'company' is there anything else we can help you with?"

Soldato
I recall some years ago we purchased a freezer from a well known electrical retailer. Fair enough it was not a premium brand but it packed-up after 19 months. I contacted the retailer who in turn told me I had to contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer stated that the one year warranty on the appliance had expired. However, as it is unusual for faults to appear so early in the lifetime of the appliance they give an extra 6 month grace. I was gutted. To add salt to the wound the woman on the phone said "thank you for calling 'company' is there anything else we can help you with?"

You were fobbed off by the retailer.

Soldato
OP
They're not moving. Their latest response

As a company we do not provide a warranty or guarantee with any items unless stated on site when purchasing.

We provide a '6 month liability' period whereby we are liable for all faults within this time period, we do provide this by complying with the Sales of Goods Act.

This information is not stated in our Terms & Conditions as this is Consumer Law. We are unable to accept the return of your item, for a replacement or refund on this occasion.

As previously advised, we strongly recommend that you contact the manufacturer. Please contact 'Thrustmaster' and they may be able to assist you with your fault further.

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom