*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Sure, give me a message (TehBluebear)

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on the shader :p

I think I'm "too old" now, mate - started playing last Sunday evening, so it probably won't work if we try it now :(

BTW, since all the L40 items are bought with Legendary Marks, does that make glimmer useless now? I haven't spent a penny yet, so should I just splurge it on something silly like a new spaceship?

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I'm "too old" now, mate - started playing last Sunday evening, so it probably won't work if we try it now :(

BTW, since all the L40 items are bought with Legendary Marks, does that make glimmer useless now? I haven't spent a penny yet, so should I just splurge it on something silly like a new spaceship?

You'll want to spend Glimmer on Weapon Parts if you infuse a lot of items, or spend them on Heavy Packs to max out rep for factions as well as using Motes and Materials.

Soldato
I hit level 40 with my primary last night. Still not had any legendary gear dropped yet (other than some boots awarded by the Vanguard).

I bought myself a nice exotic helmet to celebrate! :) I think I am about 190 light so still a way to go yet. I have been doing the daily Vanguard bounties (SP only I don't bother with Crucible) and ran through expansions 1 & 2 and I am probably two thirds through TTK. I have gone from level 19-40 in around 5-6 sittings (probably about 12hrs of play in total).

I guess now I just have to work on my light. I have been having great fun though. Except for the 2nd part on the Dreadnaught were there are invisible bridges and I didn't know I needed to use Nav mode to see where they were. I fell down and died quite a lot before I figured it out :D

Soldato
I hit level 40 with my primary last night. Still not had any legendary gear dropped yet (other than some boots awarded by the Vanguard).

I bought myself a nice exotic helmet to celebrate! :) I think I am about 190 light so still a way to go yet. I have been doing the daily Vanguard bounties (SP only I don't bother with Crucible) and ran through expansions 1 & 2 and I am probably two thirds through TTK. I have gone from level 19-40 in around 5-6 sittings (probably about 12hrs of play in total).

I guess now I just have to work on my light. I have been having great fun though. Except for the 2nd part on the Dreadnaught were there are invisible bridges and I didn't know I needed to use Nav mode to see where they were. I fell down and died quite a lot before I figured it out :D

Keep plugging away, and don't forget about ranking up your Faction rep, you can get some good drops from there :)

Caporegime
Keep plugging away, and don't forget about ranking up your Faction rep, you can get some good drops from there :)

Only decent faction drop I've seen is dead orbit and the hung jury rifle which is an absolute beast with firefly and triple tap perks. Haven't really seen anything decent from new monarchy or fwc factions other than that cool fwc helmet.

Soldato

Been reading up on legendary marks and stuff, and it seems like I am going to do better if I try the Crucuble bounties as well.

Strange that in all my hours of play I still have not earned a single legendary mark! :eek:

I haven't joined a faction yet. Think I will finish TTK then do the 'post story' missions from the various folks like Eris, Petra, Holliday etc. Would like to do a raid at some point but I don't have any friends! :D

Got to try the daily strike play list and the arena mode too. So much to see and do. This game is massive :eek:

Soldato
Highest boots I've ever had are 316. Jammy Barstool!

Need a 320 Cloak, Boots and Heavy and I'll be done. Not done any Raids for a few weeks tho sadly.:(

Before this my highest was 310, I did it 3x last time and got a chest each time.

Been reading up on legendary marks and stuff, and it seems like I am going to do better if I try the Crucuble bounties as well.

Strange that in all my hours of play I still have not earned a single legendary mark! :eek:

I haven't joined a faction yet. Think I will finish TTK then do the 'post story' missions from the various folks like Eris, Petra, Holliday etc. Would like to do a raid at some point but I don't have any friends! :D

Got to try the daily strike play list and the arena mode too. So much to see and do. This game is massive :eek:

For raids just post in the other thread, game is less active now since most people are all done but I'm sure theres a few others around to help. If your on PS4 I can help with the raid. For legendary marks you can do the daily PVP/PVE missions too get 30 a day, also if you can get 2 others do trials, it takes maybe 1/2 games too get 50marks pre character and the silver/gold packages give nice gear and chance at exotics (friend got a 318 dance machines this week).

For fraction get on that Dead Orbit ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime

Best place to do raids and find people to do raids with is the100.io website. That's where I arrange and do raids, been doing it for past few mths and it works well. Doesn't matter if you are Xbox or psn, they have groups for both consoles.

Re marks?? They only become valid once u start with ttk. Before ttk u won't earn any afaik.

Soldato
Cheers guys. I like the sound of that gun as I primarily use Scout Rifle / Sniper / Machine gun as my loadout. My only legendary gun that is usable is a Sawtooth Oscillator but it isnt very powerful now. But I think I remember reeading you can infuse legendary guns with light or something? I think it is currently only rated at 160 odd, but it has a massive magazine and a crazy hipfire perk.

Might go and have a look see what Dead Orbit have got to offer. Think I need to be like rank 3 with them to buy it though (from memory)

Soldato
Cheers guys. I like the sound of that gun as I primarily use Scout Rifle / Sniper / Machine gun as my loadout. My only legendary gun that is usable is a Sawtooth Oscillator but it isnt very powerful now. But I think I remember reeading you can infuse legendary guns with light or something? I think it is currently only rated at 160 odd, but it has a massive magazine and a crazy hipfire perk.

Might go and have a look see what Dead Orbit have got to offer. Think I need to be like rank 3 with them to buy it though (from memory)

You can indeed infuse weapons. If you get a higher rated blue you can infuse it into Legendaries and Exotics to boost the Light level. It won't boost like for like tho so be careful. (Use the calculator here to work out the levels)

Hung Jury is pretty much the favourite weapon for Scouts, but personally I prefer my Suros DIS 43 for the ridiculous range and accuracy it has or Last Extremity as it hits like a train.

Soldato
Yeah rank3, takes a bit of time but better too just start now, all your bounties will also give you dead orbit exp.

Gah I wish I knew that a few days ago. I have banged out close to 30 daily bounties in the last 5 days! Ah well, you live and learn :p

You can indeed infuse weapons. If you get a higher rated blue you can infuse it into Legendaries and Exotics to boost the Light level. It won't boost like for like tho so be careful. (Use the calculator here to work out the levels)

Hung Jury is pretty much the favourite weapon for Scouts, but personally I prefer my Suros DIS 43 for the ridiculous range and accuracy it has or Last Extremity as it hits like a train.

I have a preference for harder hitting scout rifles and prefer impact over increased mag size & reload speed but then I don't know enough about the game to assess real world DPS.

Thanks for the link I will look at that closely. I get quite a few rare engrams and they are dropping at about 210 now so hopefully I can get my sawtooth up to at least 200.

Soldato
Was going to bash out today's daily bounties but PSN is "undergoing maintenance"

Sigh. Suppose I can't complain. I think it is the first time maintenance has stopped me playing the game I want since I got my PS4 in December 2014.

But my oh my the t'interweb be full of salty tears from others tonight! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom