Bike License

Soldato
OP
Yes, this definitely.

I bought all my own kit before my CBT because it's rare anywhere has hire kit that'll fit me and considering how much I was sweating after an hour of riding round a carpark I was very glad it was only my sweat!

I'm the same, I struggle to find things which fit me well.

I have some boots, and just got a Furgon Jacket, which fits me much better than the restof the gear. I'm going to pop by CMC this weekend and get some trousers and gloves most likely.

My lid should be here soon too. Settled on a Shark s700s. :)

Is there any particular gloves you would recommend?

Soldato
All personal preference, I prefer using thin gloves as you can feel the handle bars better, go and try some on :) depends how much you want to spend, they range from £20 - £500. :)

Associate
I own RST Track tech Evo gloves which I use when it's warm and dry and have Richa Cold Protect Gore-Tex for this weather.

The RST's are thin and allow you feel the controls properly but you would end up with numb fingers in this weather.

The Richa's are thick and very bulky which took me some time to get used to as I can't feel the controls properly, but they will keep your hands warm and dry. It's also very difficult to lift the visor with them on too.

So you have to choose between having your fingers freezing off or being warm but not being able to feel the controls properly.

Man of Honour
So you have to choose between having your fingers freezing off or being warm but not being able to feel the controls properly.

There are gloves in between :p

I hate the Michelin man type ones you've described because as you say they kill most of your feel for the controls, I picked up some Furygan Volta gloves a couple of weeks ago and they're the perfect mix waterproof, warm but not massively bulky.

Soldato
OP
I will be doing the CBT on a 125cc Yamaha I believe.

However, I will be doing my MOD 1 and MOD 2 on a 600cc restricted bike. However, I'm unsure exactly what bike it is, as it was out and about when we where discussing dates to train. :(

Stoked that it will be moving so fast, should I pass (Touch wood!) I will have a full license on the 10th of February. :)

Soldato
OP
No only 20 Clov!s. :(

These are the guys: http://ukmotorcycletraining.com/ next door to CMC haha. :p

The instructor is really good, and will be pleasant to deal with. I have asked if it was possible for me to film the learning experience on my Go Pro, the answer was yes. So if any of you guys would like to see it let me know.

On their webpage they have the Black Yamaha which is 125cc, thatis used for CBT, the 600cc i'm not sure about though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just get on and do it, i never once read the highway code, not even when i learnt to drive, just don't look down and always look to where you want the bike to go, don't forget, every time you move off, do a life saver over each shoulder and i mean every time. :)

Caporegime
just goodluck and listen to what the instructors tell you,remember your riding system ect

on your test the instructor might throw you a wobbly and tell you to turn right into the next street ect when its clearly a one way street,so look out for things like that

I had that happen on my test

@clovis im not too old:eek::( and anyway I gets the cheap insurance haha:p

Soldato
OP
Just get on and do it, i never once read the highway code, not even when i learnt to drive, just don't look down and always look to where you want the bike to go, don't forget, every time you move off, do a life saver over each shoulder and i mean every time. :)

just goodluck and listen to what the instructors tell you,remember your riding system ect

on your test the instructor might throw you a wobbly and tell you to turn right into the next street ect when its clearly a one way street,so look out for things like that

I had that happen on my test

@clovis im not too old:eek::( and anyway I gets the cheap insurance haha:p

Thanks lads, just need to order the Go Pro helmet mount.

Going to do the tests in Nottingham I think, excited for it!! :D
Got all of my gear now, including gloves, so at least it will be my own sweat haha.

@Wazza; I was speaking to my old manager, and he had the same happen to him in Leeds :eek:

Back
Top Bottom