Energy Suppliers

Soldato
I'm with extra energy since I moved in to my place. Can't say anything bad about them as I hardly had to deal with them. OVO and some other company were slightly cheaper but for a reason I can't remember anymore I went with them.
After couple of months they took a meter reading and lowered my direct debit by £10 as I wasn't using as much electricity as originally estimated. I thought that was pretty cool, some of my friends that are with the big energy suppliers have hundreds of pounds in credit and they have no intention of getting it back until they move out.

Soldato
Recieved.

I switched via uswitch via quidco for £21 cash back on dual fuel tariff. no option to enter a referral name so will give it when they call me.

Damn, I checked quidco and never saw a deal, is it because uswitch is on quidco?

Ah well, nothing I can do now anyway

Soldato
I'm just in the process of switching from first utility to OVO. I got annoyed with first utility because they keep changing my monthly payments even though our usage was a smooth curve with only a few £ per month difference from the previous year and despite me giving them readings each month.

Why increase my payments to £80 (about right if you add up all usage for the year and divide by 12), only to decrease them to £62 (electricity alone is ~£50 a month) a few months later when summer hits. Imagine my complete non shock when they had to increase my payments to £90 this month to cover the shortfall.

What really annoyed me though was their crap responses to my complaint. The last one was a copy paste from their FAQs completely ignoring everything I'd written.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm just in the process of switching from first utility to OVO. I got annoyed with first utility because they keep changing my monthly payments even though our usage was a smooth curve with only a few £ per month difference from the previous year and despite me giving them readings each month.

Why increase my payments to £80 (about right if you add up all usage for the year and divide by 12), only to decrease them to £62 (electricity alone is ~£50 a month) a few months later when summer hits. Imagine my complete non shock when they had to increase my payments to £90 this month to cover the shortfall.

What really annoyed me though was their crap responses to my complaint. The last one was a copy paste from their FAQs completely ignoring everything I'd written.

Just go variable direct debit? I can't believe people don't do this still. That way you only pay for what you use.

Associate
Also to those of hat moan about suppliers keeping money in credit? You realise that on the anniversary of your DD being set up they automatically refund it right? Also all suppliers are supposed to review DD payments and alter them to suit your usage and balance.

Those that have smart metres from OVO good luck switching away as OVO have a habit of remotely disabling the meter when you move away from them so next suppliers to get a meter fitted soon after the switch

Back
Top Bottom