Folding@home News 7th - 14th January

Soldato
nope, my zotac AMP gets 200k ppd maybe 220k on a good work unit, I had a 290 tri x that did 290 / 300k ppd but that's probably 100w or more than a 970 uses. 970 are the best value cards for folding unless you find some 980's cheap second hand. infact I may dump the 780 into the server when its built and buy another 290 considering they can be had for £150 ish in the MM

Last edited:
Caporegime
Folding on my R9 390 causes intermittent display loss even at stock clocks, which I can only solve with a hard-restart. The card is perfectly stable when gaming and stress testing!

I have also killed four GPU's to date by folding on them, my 8800GT, then my GTX460, then my GTX660, and most recently my beloved GTX780TI Matrix...

Time to call it a day I think...

Man of Honour
Finally got machine back up that was being switched from winders to linux.

Do hate the way you can't push the clocks to max on Linux with Nvidia though.

Associate
Finally got machine back up that was being switched from winders to linux.

Do hate the way you can't push the clocks to max on Linux with Nvidia though.

Biffa, noticed your name at the top on the score list thing.
Do you ever turn off your system? And do you own central heating; or just a folding machine in each room? :p

Soldato
great news, my pc has broke in the night, not sure whats gone need to see whats still in warranty. I think its the psu, it stinks.

I hope its not taken anything with it as the motherboard smells aswell abit but that may be from the psu, the power supply isn't still in warranty but at least everything else is I think, except the gtx 780 I got second hand 2 weeks ago

edit - it was the psu , the 850w psu I had delivered today to use on the server has been borrowed to get this one back running , I need another psu now lol. think ill just buy one new instead of waiting for delivery as I can just drive there today if I do that

Last edited:
Soldato
yep , OZ ZX 850 its in the pc now , I need to get another psu for the pc as the OCZ is for the server , plus the CPU lead isn't very long , it wouldn't even go behind the motherboard tray, it runs across the motherboard , nice psu though.

its funny because the enermax that blew up was just outside of warranty by a month or so.

now my phones fu**ed , its now snapped in half in the bin. awesome day today.

Last edited:
Soldato
sony xperia z1
payday tomorrow so ill replace it tomorrow

also I think ..

EVGA SuperNOVA 750W Hybrid Modular

or an xfx with a 5 year warranty but that's only 650 watts and ill only save about £8 lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom