*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Small issue, Took the Dreadnaught Veteran bounty the other day. It's saying 10,000XP at 100% but not showing any signs of completion.. I'm worried it's bugged.

Nevermind, killing enemies fixed it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was really enjoying this game, got to lvl 40 gear lvl was 290 or so from playing strikes, but I can't progress any further my gear lvl is as good as it's gonna get as I can't do raids without a clan, only one of the ppl on my friends play destiny, why didn't they make it so you can just do a matchmaking system for raids to get higher lvl gear. Such a shame.

Soldato
I was really enjoying this game, got to lvl 40 gear lvl was 290 or so from playing strikes, but I can't progress any further my gear lvl is as good as it's gonna get as I can't do raids without a clan, only one of the ppl on my friends play destiny, why didn't they make it so you can just do a matchmaking system for raids to get higher lvl gear. Such a shame.

Just sign up to the100.io and join a group. You'll have loads of ops for a raid then.

Caporegime

this has already been discussed to death.

basically the harder content doesn't have matchmaking because of retards that play the game.

i've done raids where you can do it start to finish in 20-50 minutes (depending on the raid) or you can spend 4 hours and not get anywhere near completing it because of how bad people some people are.

managed to 3 man crota yesterday start to finish in what seemed like 20 minutes. didn't wipe at any part even with 3 people. it was to help someone get a trophy

imagine matchmaking where you would get paired up with little squeakers with no experience, don't listen to a word you say and blame the game or lag rather than themselves for constantly wiping. it would be a nightmare. people would slate the game for it. that nightfall with the defend the warsat right at the start. try doing that with a burn on and 2 squeakers and you will soon realise why nightfalls don't have matchmaking.

you need to check out sites like lfg, the100, reddit destiny fireteams, but beware there are plenty special needs on there. the other day i saw a post looking for highly skilled pvp players for iron banner. specific light level, etc. well the person that made that post came bottom of the 3-4 games i played with that group yet was constantly talking like a badass over the mic when they got 1 kill and then blaming lag, swearing, using racist profanity when they died before i checked their stats and yup negative k/d. i promptly left and found another group.

you have the same problem with raids. i've joined squeakers where they say they have done it. i check their loadouts and none of them had levelled weapons. none of them had icebreaker. none of them had any weapons capable of killing oracles. basically lying through their teeth. i have stuck with groups like this in the past to try and help them but if they don't have the weapons needed their is no point it's actually impossible if only 1-2 of you know what your doing and have the right weapons for the specific parts at least 3-4 of you need to know what your doing but it's preferable to have 5-6.

you should be able to do normal mode, but to make it easier on yourself i suggest you get a touch of malice if you don't already have one and a black spindle or a high impact sniper like 1000 yard stare.

also suggest you watch some videos so you aren't a burden on the rest of the raid group. also if you feel like the group isn't working out and you have wiped more than 3 times on any of the first 2 stages (opening the portal and totems) just leave and join a different group.

Soldato
basically the harder content doesn't have matchmaking because of retards that play the game.

This.

Just now I decided to use matchmaking for the Heroic Strike playlist... the number of numbskulls you meet who just run straight into a massive group of enemies and die over and over and over again is just astounding.

Use 100.io a few times for Strikes and other harder missions. You will very quickly build up a friend list of sensible, skilled players, and these are the guys you will end up raiding with :)

Su

P.S. **** squeakers :p

Caporegime
Oh do I somehow have matchmaking enabled for raids? /s

Every King's fall raid group i join is useless... Still haven't killed Oryx because everyone gives up.

You need to find a group that knows what they are doing then. I've killed Oryx quite a few times with randoms but difference is, the guys I play with know what they are doing. Obviously the higher light you are the better as your weapons will cause more damage.

Everytime I set up a raid on the100, I always make sure I put 315+ only so that way I get the best players to do the raid with me. I'm 317 myself, been stuck there for a mth or so...all I freakin need is a better raid helmet at a higher light. I've got a 310 raid helmet so am waiting for a higher light helmet to drop at some point lol.

Soldato
Noob question; I'm playing through for the first time, currently lvl 25, light 123. Is it better to save engrams for when I'm a higher light level, or keep decoding them to speed up progression?

Soldato
King4aDay; I found that I got plenty of good rewards and drops as I levelled up, so I saved a tonne of blue and purple engrams for the end game.

When I hit a wall with that gear (may have been around 250 light iirc?) I decrypted about 40 engrams and got to 280+ very quickly.

I think I would do the same again as it worked out pretty well :)

Last edited:
Associate
You need to find a group that knows what they are doing then. I've killed Oryx quite a few times with randoms but difference is, the guys I play with know what they are doing. Obviously the higher light you are the better as your weapons will cause more damage.

Everytime I set up a raid on the100, I always make sure I put 315+ only so that way I get the best players to do the raid with me. I'm 317 myself, been stuck there for a mth or so...all I freakin need is a better raid helmet at a higher light. I've got a 310 raid helmet so am waiting for a higher light helmet to drop at some point lol.

Oooh R0gue, so elitist!

You've changed dude! ;) :D

(Kidding!)

Back
Top Bottom