**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Anyone purchased any decent micro usb to usb c adapters?

I see packs of 2 on the river but not sure if they are OK and won't fry my new 6P :D

Also is there a quick way to get to apps (hate to say) apple have the drag down search window rather than searching through app draws :)

Thanks guys

Soldato
Does anyone know of any USB Type C female to USB Type A male adapters? I've bought one of these microSD readers for my 6P (https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/p/dash_g3c.html). The previous generation had a micro USB adapter (https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/p/mrg2.html). There doesn't appear to be the equivalent for the Type C version.

I'd like one so I don't have to take the microSD card out and put it into an adapter when I want to change the files. It's quite nice with the previous microUSB being able to plug it into the adapter and then into the PC.

Associate
Quick Text ?

Hi,

Does the nexus 6P have the option to send a text using a Quick Text template selectable from a list of Quick Text templates within the default SMS app? I think that most android phones have the option to send a Quick Response Text in reply to a phone call that has been received but this is from within the phone app and not the text app.

Soldato
My phone is what I can only describe as utterly screwed. Jumping from full battery to 40% with crashes and empty battery shut downs anywhere from 11% to 40%. Here's what just happened...
http://imgur.com/B6mLhMS

Crashing and rebooting at odd moments (even when not in use).

It doesn't sound like a dodgy battery, it sounds like it's ******.

It sounds like the CPU is running at 100% constantly or something and it can only throttle so much before it starts doing a safe shutdown. Is it hot most of the time?

Either way, get it RMAed.

Soldato
Yeah I'm on holiday in the US so not much I can do right now. I'll post a full run down of all the problems I've had with this phone. It's been a total pain, really. This is just the worst of a long list of issues.

Associate
I'm getting fed up of my Samsung S6+ now I've had it for six months and that is a long time for me :D I don't really hold out much hope for the htc M10, it the renders are anything to go by I'll be giving it a miss, even though I've had countless htc phones.

A question for those who own a 6P, I'll be going on holiday soon and will be using the phone to take photos as I don't own another camera, does the 6P produce good photos in most light conditions.

Soldato
A question for those who own a 6P, I'll be going on holiday soon and will be using the phone to take photos as I don't own another camera, does the 6P produce good photos in most light conditions.

Yes, the 6P has a great camera. Probably in the top five mobile cameras you can buy right now. It's a good all rounder. The only thing I've not been happy with is that the flash is slow to fire, but I never use it anyway.

Associate

Yes but in my experience it's not the quickest at finding focus. I've missed out on photos of my boy and my dog because of this and if you're going to be photographing moving objects it might be worth bearing this in mind. Others may disagree, I'm just talking from my experience. It's capable of taking great photos most of the time but the subject and the conditions need to be favorable :)

Associate
Yes but in my experience it's not the quickest at finding focus. I've missed out on photos of my boy and my dog because of this and if you're going to be photographing moving objects it might be worth bearing this in mind. Others may disagree, I'm just talking from my experience. It's capable of taking great photos most of the time but the subject and the conditions need to be favorable :)

Thanks for the replies all.
I did read somewhere it can be a bit slow focusing. I'm going to Dubai and Hong Kong so I'll mainly be snapping static things, hopefully it will serve well for this. I've read the picture quality is quite good, it's up there with the main smartphones.
I used to think the picture quality on my htc M9 was pants until I took the pictures off to move them, they looked better on my PC and on the S6 that they did on the phone that took them :confused:

I'm hoping generally that the camera on the 6P is ok for everyday use as my S6 is driving me mad with the c@#p battery performance. I'm lucky if I get to mid afternoon without having to whip out the charger to top it up :(

Back
Top Bottom