BenQ XL2730Z Freesync Owners Thread

Associate
My RMA is finally coming to a close today since it was opened on the 8th Feb.

After refusing a refurb model as a replacement they collected the screen for repair which led to weeks of "waiting parts", Yesterday they decided that as they have no eta they are going to give me a refurb model and pretty much I don't get a choice about it.

Really hope the refurb unit that is returned is a good quality as that was my main concern in the first place as I had little to no backlight bleed and actually looked after the screen.

At least I get the latest firmware so I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Associate
After testing my screen I found that it flickers constantly and has scuff marks on the top of the case which had to be pressed back into place.

They gave me a shoddy box with my original nowhere to be seen which I used a lot.

They closed my rma now I have to open another for this screen.

This will be the 3rd rma for this one incident. I am not happy with BenQ at the moment.

Associate
Damm barry what a pain in the arse (big time ) , i'm just like yourself and can't stand scuff marks and shoddie and worn/mistreated looking equipment ,, keeping send it back until you get what you want even if you have to go without in the meantime ,, how dear they send you such utter crap .

I sent corsair a h105 aio cooler back (rma) which was well over a year old just because the pump would sometimes make a clicking noise and expected a refurb , but no they sent me a brand new one ,,,,,,,,,, what's up with benq sending you that thing ,,its not like its a 50quid monitor ..............

hope it turns out ok for you pal ,,,,,, i feel your pain ......... yet us all know how this one goes,,, good luck

Associate
Finally got my original screen back today and so far working great as it has minimal bleed just like before.

But they didn't upgrade the firmware as they said they would at the repair shop so its still on V00120140130 so I guess no reason to try AMD next time and freesync and just be happy with 144hz like I have been.

Overall this was an annoying RMA experience but at least it got mostly sorted in the end.

It is a shame Samsung don't make 1440 screens with 144hz etc

Associate
How the **** can they have not updated the firmware ,, what a bunch of plonkers ,,.

I would go for another rma for the firmware if i was you ,, not only did it fix the freesync bug , many including myself noticed better picture quality , if you read back many posts you will see ,,,, the rma for just the firmware only took 5 working days or so to get it back ,,,,, but i would go for it ,,,,.....

Associate
I've been looking at purchasing this panel monitor for a while, however noticed the Acer XG270HU is currently £299.99, £156 cheaper than the benq. I know the stand is much better on the benq but in terms of the screen quality is there a lot of difference?

Associate
from having a quick look the acer doesn't have hdmi 2.0 connection and also doesn't have the puck from which you can adjust picture setting and change gamer profiles . I think the benq has a better panel ,, you will have to compare a few reviews http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/ this is a good place to start , they have a review for the benq i dont know about the acer , if money isent a problem i would go for the benq plus i dont like the red plastic on the acer ,,,, ..

Associate
And now I have found issues with my return it seems to have 2 lines across the screen and if on 144hz it has a slight flicker and on 120hz there is are very noticeable lines.

http://i.imgur.com/J3ImTZA.jpg

Really unimpressed with the whole ordeal.

how are you connecting the screen to your card ,,, when i first got mine i had problems with flickering and random black screen , after a load of messing around it turned out to be the displayPort cable that came with the screen , after i had bought a new high quality D/P cable the flickering issue and random black screen i was having disappeared .

If all fails you will just have to open a new RMA , and send them that picture with the lines on as well ..........

Its Not been good for you barry i hope that this last RMA will be the last for you .... :mad::mad::mad:

Associate
I have had this monitor for about a year now and have been very happy with it. Recently it is showing vertical lines on the right side covering about a quarter of the screen (crosshatch type of thing?)

but when you stare at them they seem to blend back in again. Tried the displayport cable in two different cards but still the same, going to try a new cable, any recommendations for one?

Soldato
I've been looking at purchasing this panel monitor for a while, however noticed the Acer XG270HU is currently £299.99, £156 cheaper than the benq. I know the stand is much better on the benq but in terms of the screen quality is there a lot of difference?

The BenQ is the best 144hz Freesync in many ways at present.

The IPS panels are a lottery and the BenQ is that good, even when compared to some of the IPS panels.

I decided to skip this gen of panels having got my fingers burned with the Acer Freesync IPS.

Associate
Bought the acer to get a look in the flesh. If it does what says on the tin I'll bank the £160 for another upgrade in future. If not I'll return and look at the benq. I do begrudge paying £400+ for a monitor.

Associate
I sent my monitor away for the F/W update from 001 to 002 and it worked out great ... turn around was quick I dont quite remember how long but it wasn't so bad, the only issue I get is occasionally the power goes out here and it upsets the screen so I need to do that whole ... enter the service menu / factory reset .. and then leave it powered off for a bit .. otherwise it only lets me select 60 or 100Hz at 1440P and 6bit colour not 8bit ...

overall I love the screen and dont regret the purchase! I've owned lots of benq's before (various 22" 24" 1680 and 1920 etc reso) and this is the best by a long shot!!!

Soldato
Just noticed Ive been running the monitor at 60hz for a few weeks. Ive switched it back to 144hz and now I get a weird pulsing/flickering on the screen.

Ive reinstalled the latest drivers, swapped the DP cable, i have the f/w 002 installed.

Anyway I can fix this?

Associate
I've copied this from what a user "Falkentyne" suggested and its always worked for me when I had some firmware or 144hz related issue:

there is a firmware bug on XL2730Z which requires a factory reset sometimes. you can enter the factory service menu by power off, hold down OSD buttons 3 and 4 for five seconds while powering on, release them, then enter the factory menu and choose CLEAR USER on XL2730Z.

Once you choose clear user, unplug the monitor from the wall for 30 seconds (FROM THE WALL, not the power button!!!) then wait.
You do this method if the "reset all" option in the regular OSD menu does not work for you.

I've done this 3 times or more when I've had problems (unexpected power loss, corruption etc) ... and it has fixed my problems!

good luck malachi!

Soldato
Has anyone received one of these brand new and the box has been opened and resealed with BenQ branded tape?

I hope they haven't sent me a refurb, I haven't opened it yet as I'm at work but its clearly been opened previously and resealed

Back
Top Bottom