*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Real sorry guys but I am going to have to give tonights run a miss. Feeling rather lousy..

:(

I really do wish people would not come into work with absolutely stinking colds / god knows what else. My immune system seems to have gone on strike or is away on holiday. Eurgh.

No worries, it always sucks when some Typhoid Mary comes into work ill and spreads their disease.

anyone want to do the NF?

I think I'm still a bit squishy for the NF. Only LL 310.

Soldato
Real sorry guys but I am going to have to give tonights run a miss. Feeling rather lousy..

:(

I really do wish people would not come into work with absolutely stinking colds / god knows what else. My immune system seems to have gone on strike or is away on holiday. Eurgh.

I've been off for two weeks with glandular fever and picked up a lovely nasty that's doing the rounds in Somerset atm :(

Associate
Solo CoE is a bit harder this week (for my 323 hunter at least) - only managed 27k points with bladedancer/tarantella/flux grenades for rounds 1 and 2 and nightstalker/voidwall grenades in round 3 (when the flux grenades stopped one-shotting the adds). Might try Gunslinger next as a precision throwing knife kill gives the same points as a grenade kill (and immediately resets the melee cooldown with knife juggler).

Soldato
So yesterday I decided to try Skolas again (only for the second time I might add) but this time solo :eek
This was partly due to one of my other raid cohorts deciding to do this and the challenge was set down. (unfortunately I didn't beat the time but I did die less:p)

So if you have an hour or two to spare feel free to watch my recording.
Skolas fight starts around the 1:08:00 mark.
final killing blow happens around the 1:45:00 mark.

https://www.twitch.tv/je11ymaster/v/61793830

I was playing it really safe dealing will all the adds before hitting the big fury lion but it was a lot less stressful than when I had to do it in year one and spent nearly 8 1/2 hours on my first and only completion and with a number of people helping me out.

I will probably try it again at some point (maybe this week) to just see if I can beat my time which I know I could easily knock 20 minutes or more off this.

Soldato
So yesterday I decided to try Skolas again (only for the second time I might add) but this time solo :eek
This was partly due to one of my other raid cohorts deciding to do this and the challenge was set down. (unfortunately I didn't beat the time but I did die less:p)

So if you have an hour or two to spare feel free to watch my recording.
Skolas fight starts around the 1:08:00 mark.
final killing blow happens around the 1:45:00 mark.

https://www.twitch.tv/je11ymaster/v/61793830

I was playing it really safe dealing will all the adds before hitting the big fury lion but it was a lot less stressful than when I had to do it in year one and spent nearly 8 1/2 hours on my first and only completion and with a number of people helping me out.

I will probably try it again at some point (maybe this week) to just see if I can beat my time which I know I could easily knock 20 minutes or more off this.

Madness! I'll have a look later on and see how you got on!

We managed Totems to Challenge Mode Oryx completion first time last night in 49 minutes and 14 seconds which was awesome. Thor managed to blag the final 335 part of the puzzle for his Warlock too so not a bad night's raiding!

Soldato

We managed Totems to Challenge Mode Oryx completion first time last night in 49 minutes and 14 seconds which was awesome. Thor managed to blag the final 335 part of the puzzle for his Warlock too so not a bad night's raiding!

You say madness I say "enthusiastic exuberance" I did love running PoE before TTK even if I did seem to struggle with anything over level 32.

I love it when a raid goes like that (which seem to be very rare when I am involved ;p - I think I contributed to a large number of the wipes we had the other night and on previous runs). I think the guys are looking to run one tonight if you are interested Gimp/ anyone else? again totems to Oryx usual 10pm'ish start.

Associate
Solo CoE is a bit harder this week (for my 323 hunter at least) - only managed 27k points with bladedancer/tarantella/flux grenades for rounds 1 and 2 and nightstalker/voidwall grenades in round 3 (when the flux grenades stopped one-shotting the adds). Might try Gunslinger next as a precision throwing knife kill gives the same points as a grenade kill (and immediately resets the melee cooldown with knife juggler).

I was giggling like the joker on crack in CoE last night on my Voidwalker Warlock with Nothing Manacles and an energy drain build. It was monstrous! Sparkly purple death tinkles everywhere!

I'm so glad NMs are back to their former glory.

Associate
Definitely back into this game now. I was running some heroic strikes yesterday and after the initial frustrations of people leaving at the beginning of them I ran a load of them with two other randoms. We all stayed in the playlist for ages and it was good fun. They were both quite aggressive players and we were just charging through the strikes. Good fun.

They may have been tempted to stay on because of the Vanguard reputation booster I had active. Levelled up quite a bit and even managed to get a couple of strike specific drops. Got the Mau'ual's Maulers from Shied Brothers and a weapon (I can't recall which) from another strike.

Will likely be on tonight of people want to run through some.

Soldato

God it's never like that when I play :(

Soldato
It might be worth signing up for the100.io if you have diffiulty getting a team together. There are always people about willing to help out on there :)
I'm assuming you're wanting to do the King's Fall raid too? What light level is everyone?

I hit 334 on my Hunter last night and 332 on my Titan. Just need to get my other Hunter up to scratch now, but that's gonna be a mission without any Three of Coins!

Hi we are all about 295 or so so pretty low. Thanks, checking out the100.io now

Associate
I have just gotten back into Destiny PvP after a 4 month break, I must say it feels a lot more balanced now. Actually feels like all primary weapons are useful! Although it still feels like the fast-firing pulse rifles are king.

Guess I need to head back into Trials and get my ass handed to me lol

Soldato
Damn CoE was a right laugh this time around. Getting a grenade every ~4 seconds on my Voidwalker energy drain build is just hilarious. :D

Didn't get anything to help my light level but still need to grind out the 90k for the armour on all three characters. I did finally get a Dreg's promise though.... so that's something.... I think...

Associate
Damn CoE was a right laugh this time around. Getting a grenade every ~4 seconds on my Voidwalker energy drain build is just hilarious. :D

Didn't get anything to help my light level but still need to grind out the 90k for the armour on all three characters. I did finally get a Dreg's promise though.... so that's something.... I think...

I'll be about tonight if you're grinding and need an extra.

Soldato
I'll be about tonight if you're grinding and need an extra.

Yeah I will be up for more. Don't know if the Mrs will be on as she stayed up to watch the GoT season 6 episode at 2am.... To say she was hanging this morning would be an understatement! :p

Its pretty easy to 2-man anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom