What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
I agree with this.

It was great until the end, but I can't think of any other way to end it.

One of 2 ways, I think...
1 - John Goodman's character lied and she takes off her mask and breaths, sees children playing on a field and runs to them and screen fades

2 - sees apocalypse, keeps mask on and screen pulls back to see a city on fire in the distance and fades

It's either John Goodman's character lied or he did not, these movies are never really about the final 5 mins but the journey. The movie chose the latter with a bit more action thrown in, I can forgive it for that and actually didn't mind it.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Midnight Special.

A beautiful blend of SciFi and Psychology. It poses strong questions about what it means to be human and the faith we put into what we all do or do not believe in versus what we don't understand. You are left with existential thoughts at the end.

9/10

Soldato
One of 2 ways, I think...
1 - John Goodman's character lied and she takes off her mask and breaths, sees children playing on a field and runs to them and screen fades

2 - sees apocalypse, keeps mask on and screen pulls back to see a city on fire in the distance and fades

It's either John Goodman's character lied or he did not, these movies are never really about the final 5 mins but the journey. The movie chose the latter with a bit more action thrown in, I can forgive it for that and actually didn't mind it.

If it ended as per your option 1, I would have been annoyed. As that would be akin to it was "all a dream" ending.
Her walking out the bunker and fading to black and keeping the viewer guess would have been better.

Her running out and fighting with the alien seemed very contrived.

Soldato
Jurassic World - 6/10. Impressive special effects, rubbish storyline, annoying child actors and just didn't seem to retain any of the feel or atmosphere of the original at all.

Caporegime
Captain America Civil War

I love how they managed to evacuate an Airport in five minutes.

Anyway,
I didn't like Martin Freeman at all. Hilariously miscast IMO. And how/why was there more than one camera at the very site where Tony's parents were run off the road. Plot manipulation ahoy! I was kind of hoping for a four on three Super fight at the end but I guess we got a 2 v 1 instead. Zemo was, well, alright I guess. Not exactly a big bad, but like most bad guys worked on them psychologically instead of just fighting them. Loved Black Panther and am looking forward to the film.

Associate
Hitman: Agent 47

'Can't be that bad' he thought... Oh dear!

Very generic and Rupert Friend wasn't a good casting choice in my opinion. Nowt against him but not for this role. I prefered the Timothy Olyphant 2007 version, and that was a bit poo too.

I'll give it 3/10.

Soldato
The 5th Wave (2016) 4/10

I think this started pretty well, but by the time it got to the half way point. I guessed the 'twist(s)' and then I was praying for the film to end quickly.

Kept watching because my wife enjoyed it :(

Soldato
Captain America Civil War

I love how they managed to evacuate an Airport in five minutes.

Anyway,
I didn't like Martin Freeman at all. Hilariously miscast IMO. And how/why was there more than one camera at the very site where Tony's parents were run off the road. Plot manipulation ahoy! I was kind of hoping for a four on three Super fight at the end but I guess we got a 2 v 1 instead. Zemo was, well, alright I guess. Not exactly a big bad, but like most bad guys worked on them psychologically instead of just fighting them. Loved Black Panther and am looking forward to the film.

I don't think there was more than 1 camera (seeing as though all the other angles were super high def but the security camera was rubbish VHS). That was just for the audiences benefit so we didn't have to watch 5 minutes of crackly VHS.

I also watched it at the weekend. I loved the film even though although I thought the bad guy was a bit weak.

Soldato
Crimson Peak - 6.5/10.

As is the norm with Guillermo Del Toro, visually excellent, with lots of work having gone into the set design, costumes and so on. Shame the same can't be said for the story.

Back
Top Bottom