Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm sure Gove and Johnson will implement what Lexit proponents want :o. That's why eg. Paul Mason, who wants out of the EU, said he'll probably vote Bremain... because Johnson and Gove doing their thing would be far worse, from his hardcore leftie perspective.

God, Lexit... This is beyond taking the biscuit. Why does everything have to be so trendy hip. Even Brexit/Bremain is so lame.

Soldato
Next few days will seal the fate of the campaign imo.

The schedule:

Tonight:
Question Time

Remain
  • Nicky Morgan - Not much good at anything, will do little to sway anyone
  • Alan Johnson - Will be good for remain, potentially very good
  • Bob Geldof - Probable disaster for remain
Leave
  • Louise Mench - Probable disaster for leave
  • Tom Harris - Good for leave
  • Ruth Lea - Good for leave, but seems to have trouble getting being heard, and will probably be drowned out.
Verdict: No side will win, it will be about who loses more than the other

Tomorrow:
Andrew Neil Interviews IDS.

Verdict: Should be good for leave.

Sunday:
Cameron on question time

Verdict: Based on his performances so far, this will range from good for leave to pretty much neutral.

Monday:
Corbyn answers questions from a young audience on Sky

Verdict: This is the big unknown. A good, consistent pro-remain case could turn labour leavers to remain, but Jeremy is pretty inconsistent, and could do more harm than good.

Tuesday:
Wembley Debate - huge live audience

Leave
  • Boris - Good for leave if he puts in a similar performance as he did on Sky
  • Gisela Stuart - Good for leave
  • Tim Martin - Good for leave, but not fantastic
Remain
  • Sadiq Khan - Haven't seen much from him yet, will be interesting to watch
  • Unknown politician - Possible Tim Fallon or Alan Johnson
  • Unknown business person - Possible Karen Brady

Verdict: Should be evenly matched, possible remain win. Though it is odd that remain haven't finalised their line up yet.

Wednesday:

Paxman debate on channel 4 - guests unknown.

Paxman is suspected to lean towards leave, so should be good for them, but with paxman, nothing is for certain.

Also, how about some google analytics, interesting heat map for vote leave:

http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/e-i...ope&t=6839a61d1b74eea9f02f383948ba3f811681563

Last edited:
Soldato
Andrew Neil should make it very difficult for IDS.

Why's Paxman suspected to lean towards leave? Because he made a reasonable documentary?

Paxman is suspected to lean towards leave because he pulled an article critical of the EU after BBC pressure a while ago, and because his documentary didn't really highlight any of the benefits of remaining, instead just saying that benefits exist.

V F

V F

Soldato
Next few days will seal the fate of the campaign imo.

The schedule:

Tonight:
Question Time

Remain
  • Nicky Morgan - Not much good at anything, will do little to sway anyone
  • Alan Johnson - Will be good for remain, potentially very good
  • Bob Geldof - Probable disaster for remain
Leave
  • Louise Mench - Probable disaster for leave
  • Tom Harris - Good for leave
  • Ruth Lea - Good for leave, but seems to have trouble getting being heard, and will probably be drowned out.
Verdict: No side will win, it will be about who loses more than the other

Tomorrow:
Andrew Neil Interviews IDS.

Verdict: Should be good for leave.

Sunday:
Cameron on question time

Verdict: Based on his performances so far, this will range from good for leave to pretty much neutral.

Monday:
Corbyn answers questions from a young audience on Sky

Verdict: This is the big unknown. A good, consistent pro-remain case could turn labour leavers to remain, but Jeremy is pretty inconsistent, and could do more harm than good.

Tuesday:
Wembley Debate - huge live audience

Leave
  • Boris - Good for leave if he puts in a similar performance as he did on Sky
  • Gisela Stuart - Good for leave
  • Tim Martin - Good for leave, but not fantastic
Remain
  • Sadiq Khan - Haven't seen much from him yet, will be interesting to watch
  • Unknown politician - Possible Tim Fallon or Alan Johnson
  • Unknown business person - Possible Karen Brady

Verdict: Should be evenly matched, possible remain win. Though it is odd that remain haven't finalised their line up yet.

Wednesday:

Paxman debate on channel 4 - guests unknown.

Paxman is suspected to lean towards leave, so should be good for them, but with paxman, nothing is for certain.

Also, how about some google analytics, interesting heat map for vote leave:

http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/e-i...ope&t=6839a61d1b74eea9f02f383948ba3f811681563

If Cameron is the last speaker and likely he will be, that will be the result. The deciding factor is always the last speaker before voting day. That is the deciding factor with the masses.

Caporegime
I'm sure Gove and Johnson will implement what Lexit proponents want :o. That's why eg. Paul Mason, who wants out of the EU, said he'll probably vote Bremain... because Johnson and Gove doing their thing would be far worse, from his hardcore leftie perspective.

pretty stupid to make a decision affecting the country for decades becuse you don't like one or two politicians.

Soldato
Because it was meant to just be about how the law making process actually works, rather than going over broader points of leave vs remain/pros vs cons of the EU, no?

Do we have the text of the article? 'Cause criticism of the EU obviously doesn't necessarily mean being against it/support for a leave vote.

Nope the article was withdrawn, so we haven't seen the text. The article was meant to be published at the same time as the documentary, but was withdrawn by the BBC because it wasn't impartial enough. Hence why is suspected to tend towards leave.

Associate
I honestly can't believe cameron hasn't debated Boris or one of the other main leave campaigners yet (unless I missed it?), what a rotten way to go. Lack of integrity and willingness to give us a clear debate from each side. It's hard to believe how bad Cameron has made the remain side look in my eyes from his failure to be neutral (just on information given, I don't mind him picking a side but he's been very biased and dishonest several times) this has just made me question what kind of politicians want us to stay in the EU?

He can't even have an honest and upfront debate, be straight with the people, stop himself from acting biased against the people having a fair chance at debate (like stopping others using the civil service and biased leaflets, george osbournes fake budget despite 2 years of remaining in the EU even if we vote out). They really proved to be such slimy people.

Soldato
I honestly can't believe cameron hasn't debated Boris or one of the other main leave campaigners yet (unless I missed it?), what a rotten way to go. Lack of integrity and willingness to give us a clear debate from each side. It's hard to believe how bad Cameron has made the remain side look in my eyes from his failure to be neutral (just on information given, I don't mind him picking a side but he's been very biased and dishonest several times) this has just made me question what kind of politicians want us to stay in the EU?

He can't even have an honest and upfront debate, be straight with the people, stop himself from acting biased against the people having a fair chance at debate (like stopping others using the civil service and biased leaflets, george osbournes fake budget despite 2 years of remaining in the EU even if we vote out). They really proved to be such slimy people.

He debated an English Language student, but just ended up blushing.... and losing.

Caporegime
When talking about the single market we say single market access as being in the EU or EEA. Outside of it we'd 'just' be trading with individual countries, like anyone without a trade deal does.

you cant negotiate with the individual countries though only the whole block.

V F

V F

Soldato

Clear and transparent of course. Let me be perfectly clear with even more transparency.

Soldato

Did the watch Lexit the movie? You never know, you might change your mind on this once in a lifetime referendum and not focus so much on 2 fifty year old men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom